Did I get a Deal or No Deal?... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Did I get a Deal or No Deal?...

I just bought an Edge Juice Platinum with the A2 monitor (with "hot unlocker" unlocked?), including backup camera, gps antenna, and windshield mount, all documentation, and the original box (everything but the EGT probe).

I paid $520 shipped to my door

I wanted this primarily to use for gauges since my actual desired tuner is an SCT. I will get the EGT probe of course.

My vehicle is a 2005 F250 Lariat cc/sb fx4. I know edge isn't the "house favorite" tuner for the 6.0L but as a starter is this a decent tuner? and did I pay too much? I figure the backup camera and GPS were worth the extra 200 over the attitude which a lot of people run for the gauges...

Let me know, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I would have went with the SCT in the first place. Now its going to cost you more in the long run.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

digital gauges garmin and a back up camera well worth the price GREAT job
Old 01-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by korterman1 View Post
digital gauges garmin and a back up camera well worth the price GREAT job
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose350 View Post
I would have went with the SCT in the first place. Now its going to cost you more in the long run.
I thought about getting the SCT first, but I don't want to run any performance tunes without having a decent set of gauges. And just curious, why do ya say it will cost more in the long run? The features that cost extra over the attitude (b/u camera, gps) will still work when I stop using the Edge tunes and start using SCT... is there something else i'm not thinking of?
Old 01-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Lt. Negativity

You dont need gauges right away, if you did a mild tune with the SCT. Long run what Goose means Edge tears up Transmissions repeatedly. GPS/camer etc is luxury my honest opinion you got that cause of the extra's at the cost that it might ruin your tranny sooner then normal and maybe other issue.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:48 PM

you are right the sct tuner is the tuner of choice around here, I have the super chips 1805 tuner with over 3 years of dependable service with no issues at all, for what it is worth
Old 02-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The SCT tunes your engine and your tranny, it's the only tuner that can do that on the 6.0L in my opinion. Get the SCT with custom tunes from Innovative, and get the gauges later if you can't afford it now.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Good advice, thanks gentlemen. I'm thinking I will install the edge setup but use it only as digital gauges, b/u camera, and gps. The goal is an X3 with eric's extreme street, but that may be a little down the road. I've got 118k on the truck and its my daily driver too, so I'm a little hesitant to do any heavy modifications without doing headstuds. I need one of those money trees....
Old 02-01-2010, 05:34 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirddogTN View Post
The SCT tunes your engine and your tranny, it's the only tuner that can do that on the 6.0L in my opinion. Get the SCT with custom tunes from Innovative, and get the gauges later if you can't afford it now.
My edge evolution will change the tranny shift points any way I want them, on my 2005 6.0L
JER-1

Old 02-01-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueF250 View Post
You dont need gauges right away, if you did a mild tune with the SCT. Long run what Goose means Edge tears up Transmissions repeatedly. GPS/camer etc is luxury my honest opinion you got that cause of the extra's at the cost that it might ruin your tranny sooner then normal and maybe other issue.
OK... I gotta speak up. Where are all the actual cases of destroyed transmissions from using the Edge? It reminds me of the internet ravings about a certain Metzeler tire that was suffering many catastrophic failures. It turns out that the many failures all lead back to two tires... TWO tires, yet the interweb was ablaze with all these horror stories. So... All I want to know is where are all the owners/vehicles that have destroyed transmissions.

BTW I happen to have both the Edge (soon to be a Gryphon) and the SCT, so I'm not necessarily biased...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.