Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

normal readings on edge insight

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  MoyockPowerstroke 
#1 ·
i just installed an edge insight on my 05 excursion 6.0.

what numbers should be normal for egt, boost, trans temp.

also i have the option to make a warning if they get too high. what should i set the warnings at for egt, boost, and trans temp.

its stock besides 6" lift, intake, and exhaust

#2 ·
I'll have to get back to you...had a ton of info in my post...but the .Org locked up and and everything was lost....

#3 ·
Okay, back from dinner. Lost my first post. So here goes...

EGTs Normal range @ idle 300-350; Under load and from stop 750-890, cruising 500-650...under tow...haven't towed with it yet.

I would set your alarm for 1000*F...I would want to know when I got there and be watching it.

#4 ·
Boost...very close to your OEM analog gauge....mine stay pretty close. My boost seems low...idle 0-1psi, under load 7-10 psi, cruiseing 4-6 psi, tow - haven't towed yet. I would set the alarm to 25psi...at that point I would want to be watching it.

#5 ·
Trans Temp....normal operating temp for the Torqshift is between 160-165. Depending on ambiant temps, whether towing In the winter I run approx 140 and Summer approx 165. I would set the alarm for 200 and keep an eye on it from there.

#6 ·
thanks for the info.. i dont have a oem boost gauge in my excursion. my f250 used to have one. but from the numbers it seems normal. im going to tune the truck with a sct so i want to watch it

#7 ·
Smart ideal. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.