Bought Edge Juce monitor but no attitude..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 04:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bought Edge Juce monitor but no attitude.....

Hey,

Got it off Amazon thinking that it was going to be usable when I got it. Only to find out that when I went to install it, the edge monitor is made to plug into the Attitude module under the hood. Only problem is I did not get it for some reason. I called Edge and he had me look at the date of manufacture, found out that it is from 07. Edge does not make these avalible separate any longer.

So either I find the Attitude module all by it's self, or send it back and buy the Evolution system, which is what I wanted to start with...

Fun fun fun

So if anyone has a attitude for a 04 6.0 without the monitor I may be interested if you catch me before I send it back.

PM if you got it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2010, 05:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
I am guessing you bought it used of amazon.com?

If so, you are kind of out of luck, if you bought it new, send it back and get a refund, then buy a SCT.

With that said, the Edge Juice should have a 3 position flip switch on the wiring, this will allow you to adjust to 3 different power levels, with the addition of the attitude, you get two more power levels and gauges.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:04 PM

so do you have the monitor or the black box with a couple of connectors on it? the monitor is the attitude and the juice is the box that plugs in under the hood. i have one, monitor is fine but the actual box with the connectors that tunes the truck is fried. they wont work alone you have to have them together. so if you need the monitor let me know.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have just the monitor, and yes I did buy it off Amazon.. but it was new. So waiting on a return authorisation code and going to send it back to em.

I am going to stay with the Edge though, I like the fact that it gives the same horsepower output as the SCT but it integrates the gauges.. saving me $$$$$!

I am going with the Edge Evolution, because ease of install and the gauges.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolchok View Post
I have just the monitor, and yes I did buy it off Amazon.. but it was new. So waiting on a return authorisation code and going to send it back to em.

I am going to stay with the Edge though, I like the fact that it gives the same horsepower output as the SCT but it integrates the gauges.. saving me $$$$$!

I am going with the Edge Evolution, because ease of install and the gauges.
I know you probably don't want to hear it, but what you are saving in gauges right now is going to go into your tranny when you blow it up with the EDGE You would be a lot better off buying the SCT Livewire if you want the integrated gauges. I am a firm believer in SCT after the Banks six gun with speed loader messed up my tranny. Just my $.02, take it for what its worth. In the end though, its your truck and you have to drive it everyday

-French
Old 01-26-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryboy07 View Post
I know you probably don't want to hear it, but what you are saving in gauges right now is going to go into your tranny when you blow it up with the EDGE You would be a lot better off buying the SCT Livewire if you want the integrated gauges. I am a firm believer in SCT after the Banks six gun with speed loader messed up my tranny. Just my $.02, take it for what its worth. In the end though, its your truck and you have to drive it everyday

-French
I agree 100 percent. And that Edge, is not going to make ANYWHERE near the same power as an SCT with a good custom tune. Believe me, there is a guy near me with a 6.0 with the Edge turned up and unlocked and all that fun stuff and he couldn't get close to me to save his life.... Spend a few extra dollars up front on some gauges or a bullydog outlook monitor or a Livewire. Or spend a lot extra later on a tranny. just my .02
Old 01-26-2010, 06:09 PM

ive had 2 buddys burn up there tranny with the edge. i dont know where you get your info about the same HP. the juice with attitude only puts out 110HP. My canned tunes will run off from an edge on a 6.0. thats just a canned tune not a custom tune. And if your buying new you can get a livewire brand new cheaper than a edge. maybe not cheaper than an evo, but remeber with a programmer(Note:I said programmer not tuner) your going to get what you pay for.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Answer this,

How is it that the engineers at Edge are making a programer that is so harmfull to a transmission? If it was so bad, one would think they would "change" the way the programer operates to match the hevenly SCT tuner.......

What does the SCT tuner actually do for your tranny? I know the Edge does increase the pressure of the shift so it feels harder. But that's what I dont understand, how can SCT program differ much from a Edge as far as the tranny goes...

Another thing, how many people have actually replaced a transmission that was attributed to the Edge?
If it is a huge number, why isnt Edge footing the bill for these repairs?
Old 02-05-2010, 07:11 PM

Thats like saying why doesnt marlbro pick up the tab on lung cancer treatments.
Im no expert on all that but from what i do know, the edge will program you PCM and then jack the trans. line pressure up and thats it...... thats the way most programmers are made. Actually to correct myself, the edge only fools the PCM your not actually loading data onto the PCM.
As far as the sct goes, when they tune the PCM it also changes all the trans. parameters. not just upping the line pressure.
I dont know why you want to argue with experience? i mean its your truck, you have to drive it, do what you want. but if you want advice thats what people are trying to tell you. like i said though, its your truck, do what you want. As a matter of fact, go ahead and run the edge and give us updates every 5k miles. i promise they're wont be very many post.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:16 PM

And as a matter of fact, they're are alot of programmer companys trying to go to a tuning device. just like super chip when you download it, it has a step you go thru that suppostly "tunes" the trans. i highly doubt it thou. they're shifting is horrible. I think quadzilla had "tunes" now too.
If you do a little research you would see the owner of SCT use to work for ford doing the calibrations. I also read somewhere he helped design one of fords trans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.