06e17 Recall '03 F250 Ps - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2006, 05:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
06e17 Recall '03 F250 Ps

I just got my '03 250 SD back from the dealer. They did a recall I got from Ford #06E17, a control module recalibration. Now my stroker is a dog in a big way until it warms up. When I first start it it barely stays running...feels like its gonna shake apart. When I drive it after it warms for a bit it dogs bad...almost no response to mashing the pedal. The shifting feels screwy now too. What the hell did they do to my stroker? Can I get them to program it back where it was?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2006, 05:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokemaster
I just got my '03 250 SD back from the dealer. They did a recall I got from Ford #06E17, a control module recalibration. Now my stroker is a dog in a big way until it warms up. When I first start it it barely stays running...feels like its gonna shake apart. When I drive it after it warms for a bit it dogs bad...almost no response to mashing the pedal. The shifting feels screwy now too. What the hell did they do to my stroker? Can I get them to program it back where it was?
take it back in.......the new programming holds the injectors open longer on cold start.....and it sounds to me like you have an injector dropping out colds....so the reprogram just magnified a problem you already had.....you just may not have noticed it yet........they will need it overnight to start it cold so they can do a power balance check and figure out which injector(S) is dropping yout on ya.........Marc
Old 03-21-2006, 05:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschn99
take it back in.......the new programming holds the injectors open longer on cold start.....and it sounds to me like you have an injector dropping out colds....so the reprogram just magnified a problem you already had.....you just may not have noticed it yet........they will need it overnight to start it cold so they can do a power balance check and figure out which injector(S) is dropping yout on ya.........Marc
I called the dealer. I'm dropping it off tonight so they can cold start it in the am. I'll post the results. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

OK so the Ford guy calls this am and says they verified the problem (like I was lying) and didn't diagnose the problem before it warmed up and smoothed out. So, they got it again tonight for another morning cold start. He said they called the Ford wizards who told him about TSB 06-2-13. He said they're gonna do the TSB. He also said if it is an injector issue my warranty covers it...except for a $100 deductable. So my rig is running great, I take it in for the recall, then it runs like S***, and now I'm lookin at a $100 bill? $100 would pay for a decent lobstah feed for me and my lady up here. Do I shut up and be glad to pay it or pay it under duress and jot the guys plate number down...just in case he ventures through my jurisdiction?
Old 03-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
OK so the Ford guy calls this am and says they verified the problem (like I was lying) and didn't diagnose the problem before it warmed up and smoothed out. So, they got it again tonight for another morning cold start. He said they called the Ford wizards who told him about TSB 06-2-13. He said they're gonna do the TSB. He also said if it is an injector issue my warranty covers it...except for a $100 deductable. So my rig is running great, I take it in for the recall, then it runs like S***, and now I'm lookin at a $100 bill? $100 would pay for a decent lobstah feed for me and my lady up here. Do I shut up and be glad to pay it or pay it under duress and jot the guys plate number down...just in case he ventures through my jurisdiction?
the bottom line is if you look at the 100,000 mile diesel warranty.....it states pretty clearly that after the bumper to bumper 3/36 warranty has run out.....that you are liable for a 100 dollar deductable for every repair visit......that is what every customer between 36001-100000 has to pay......if your under on time AND milage for the base warranty......then i would call ford directly.....but if not......thats just your responcibility. that injector alone is over 300 bucks each before labor to install....so its not that bad when you figure thats probably a $1000 repair or more after everything is said and done......Marc
Old 03-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Got it MSCHN99. I kind of thought the same thing. I think I'll get the lobstahs anyway. Thanks. - Harry
Old 03-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think I'll get the lobstahs anyway. Thanks. - Harry
hey harry......if you can afford lobster on a cops budget....i think i should switch professions :wink2:
Old 03-23-2006, 05:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I can't imagine what Maine lobster costs on the left coast. I was at the waterfront the other day and chicks were $7.98 lb. Pretty darn cheap considering what these guys go through to pull those traps. - Harry
Old 03-23-2006, 05:14 AM
Banned

we dont eat loster out here....its shrimp, crab, swordfish, halibut...etc for us......like you said.....cant afford maine lobster out here.........Marc
Old 03-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The Ford mechanic called me today. They are replacing the injectors for #7 and 8. They didn't get them in 'till 2 this afternoon so they got my rig 'till Monday. I get to drive around in an '06 Focus - gratis rental from the dealer. What a show that is...have to run 2" of pressure to get me out of it and 2" vacuum to get me in. I guess the $100 deductible is not an issue anymore...Harry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.