Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Let's talk up-pipes!

15K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  jmeaby 
#1 ·
I'm going with an O'dawg's Diesel S3R ported intake manifold in order to eliminate that pesky EGR. Figured while the cab is off, and ol' girl is getting a rejuvenation, I would replace my OE up-pipes.

Seems like a new set of up-pipes can be had for $99.99 all the way up to $399.99. I'm looking for a set that does not have the provisions for an EGR and will last me a while. MBRP, Flo-Pro, Rudy's Diesel, Dieselsite, O'dawg's Diesel, etc. all offer the same product but which one has good quality and a fair price.

Let's hear what you guys have used and what you would recommend... As always, all input is greatly appreciated!

#4 ·
I have MBRP. I had one question about them immediately after my purchase and the MBRP folks were very pleasant and responsive. Installed fine. No issues.

Reactions: Powerstrokin712
#6 ·
My MBRPs didn't fit exactly right, but nothing that bad. I had to pull the pipe up to the turbo with a ratchet strap to get it to seat. Another pair of hands would have probably accomplished the same thing or possibly adjusting the connections at the manifold and up-pipe. They are a quality piece though. I'm don't regret the purchase.

Reactions: Powerstrokin712
#8 ·
I second the BD up pipes. I run a set, very high quality.

#9 ·
same paired with a set of BD Manifolds on my Exc.

Reactions: Merc82
#11 ·
I have installed several sets of the mbrp up pipes and they seem to be good quality and had no issues installing them.

#18 ·
Hey Corey@cncfab
You don't see any issues with the bellows cracking the same way OEM does? I thought the stainless mesh was the way to go these days.
Thanks

#20 ·
Just throwing it out there the y pipe and delete pipe from odawg has been awesome and zero fitment issues. Seem very high quality. plus no egr provision either. I have a comparison of the stock ones on my YouTube channel.
Comparison starts at 6:30 the pipes without the egr go in so easy. I looked very close at the bd one as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.