Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Torque converter lock up

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  peixinho 
#1 ·
My 2005 6.0 has been having issues with the torque converter locking up really early and only unlocking once I let go of the accelerator and let the truck downshift on its own. I was told that it was a bad ebp sensor which I unplugged and discovered that the problem somewhat went away and the truck sounded better when driving. Now the problem is that at low or high speeds the torque converter seems to drop my RPMs and the truck goes into a limp mode where it will speed up still but the RPMs remain the same. Now my question is can I get custom tuning to eliminate this problem? Because I feel like the tunes I am running are making the issue worse. Thanks

#2 ·
Well what tune are you running? Most hot street and race tunes will lock the converter like that.

Unplugging the ebp sensor does lots of things. It will not let the vgt solenoid do what it is supposed to and i dont think it will fuel as hard. I was having issues with leaking high pressure oil and unplugging ebp sensor helped so i thought it was a tuning issue or something. Here it just wasnt calling for as much high pressure oil for the injectors so the problem went away when unplugged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.