Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Next Best Upgrade??

2K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  Raggededge1293 
#1 ·
So in the next week I am putting a new oil cooler/ head studs/ Gaskets/ 4" Dual Exhaust/ ICP sensor into my truck <-(unfortunately it's an 03). I am already running the white rain tune from Windrunner as well as the PHP Ficm Programmer so I'm throwing as much fuel as possible to my stock injectors for the most part.. *** backwards on how I should have done that I know haha. What I'm wondering is while the top is taken off which big upgrade should I make next between the KC STG2 Turbo or Warren 175/30 Injectors?

#11 ·
If you have a 2003 yll want to update you oil filter cover, so you can run the soild turbo feed line, stock nozzles can dump 155cc I wouldn't do the 155/30, go with the 175/30.
My truck is an early 04 with the 2003 motor so according to the site you linked that shouldn't be an issue for me since mine was built after the date they said.. thank you for looking out though and alright I mean will I be able to run the 175/30s for awhile until I can purchase the lift pump.. blue spring is done not that it makes a lot of difference in this situation

#13 ·
Get a fuel pressure gauge you can watch in you cab, I run 175/stock on stock fuel system. KC stage 2 turbo.
I actually just ordered another 100psi sensor that I am going to mount away from the motor so the heat doesn't kill it in a month like the last one I bought. I was thinking 175/stock as well but what is the big difference between that and the 30% for power and fuel needed to push those?

Do you run out of power at the top end because there isn't enough fuel pushing them?

#21 ·
I couldn't find a number for them on the website only email so when they email back I'll try to get the number. I just know the 175/30 run well with the stage 2 so honestly I don't know.. more power I guess but I don't want to hurt the injectors or the truck if I go too big with the 30% and not enough fuel to support it

#24 ·
Since you'll have the FICM out to do all of this, I would have that tuned, too. I had mine fixed and flashed after it failed, by ficmfixer, it was $300 for everything and it's got a lifetime warranty. It's an essential tune that you should utilize with an ECM flash. I got the Atlas Tune and it added 50 hp, a high idle for startup (good for cold days), more mpg, and a better startup in general.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.