Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Needing a 6.0 chip or programmer

6K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  JKTex 
#1 ·
Hey yall,

I have a 2003 F350 with the 6.0 & I'm looking to get a chip or programmer for more power & better fuel economy. I also am gonna install an EGR delete so i need to be able to clear that code. Hopefully you guys can help me out!

#2 ·
The search feature is your best friend around here but in a nutshell most folks recommend the SCT tuners since they also have decent trans tuning with their canned tunes but there is a new monitor/tuner coming from PHP (power hungry performance) based on the Edge Insight Pro that may revolutionize the tuning world. There's a thread in this section devoted to it as well as some more tuning info in the 6.0 general section. I need a tuner as well as plan on going with an SCT since I already own the Insight & hope I can find someone selling their SCT when they upgrade to the PHP Insight set up.

#4 ·
I may be selling mine when it comes out depending on price. Whenever it comes out shoot me a PM if you don't have one yet

#3 ·
One only "chips" a 6.0 if they want a lot of trouble.

Programming is different currently the king is SCT but as stated above PHP is coming out with a new tuner.

6.0 head gaskets are a know weak point adding additional power is a gamble if you aren't studed and can't afford to tomorrow then I recommend trans only or low powered tunes if you can run whatever you want just don't complain if they blow.

Good custom tuners (in no particular order)
PHP
Gearhead
Quick tricks
WPE
TSD
Innovative
and others I'm forgetting.

#5 ·
I am selling my SCT 3015 ID programmer. It pre-programmed with Innovative Diesel economy, tow, street, extreme street and anarchy. Also loaded with Vivian's Looney Tune and another Innovative Diesels street tune. $275 includes shipping to lower 48. It's plug and play and makes for a huge improvement over stock programming. PM me if you're interested.

Attachments

#6 ·
Those custom tune won't transfer over though so keep that in mind. Even if both vehicles are the exact same strategies it may not run the same

#7 ·
Even if they're identical trucks, the custom tunes won't load due to the VIN locks.

#9 ·
#10 ·
The ones from innovative should transfer but the ones from quick tricks will not

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.