NEXT MOD? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEXT MOD?

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK MY NEXT MOD SHOULD BE? I WAS THINKING REGULATED RETURN FUEL SYSTEM, OR FASS HPFP FUEL PUMP. JUST NOT SURE WHAT I NEED. WOULD SOMEDAY LIKE TO HAVE 190CC INJECTORS AND ELITE VGT-SS TURBO, BUT THAT IS WAY DOWN THE ROAD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2009, 01:30 PM
wriott

either one would be fine, but go with an airdog not a FASS system. have heard and seen alot of problems with the FASS systems
Old 09-30-2009, 01:33 PM

I WAS THINKING REGULATED RETURN WITH A PUSHER PUMP (FASS OR RAPTOR). OR DO I NEED AN AIRDOG OR FASS SYSTEM WITH THE REG. RETURN?
Old 09-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Lt. Negativity

If your gonna do the raptor pump you might want to get the airdog set-up. The RR would help with the dead head issue.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:13 PM

I don't know what I'm gonna do. I want a set-up similiar to RescueF250's. I guess a better question is what fuel mods do I need for 190cc injectors?
Old 09-30-2009, 05:08 PM

Why run a regulated return with a regulated pump? I was thinking about starting with a raptor and crossover at the rear and y a line off to a fuel press. gauge..if i need more fuel later i'll throw another raptor in line..i dont need 2 more fuel filters..the system is already set up with a return..maybe could use bigger line but...the truck calls for a certain amount of fuel..do whatever it takes to keep the heads fed and she should run!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:30 PM

i should clarify, i like the purpose of the airdog with its function.. to feed and remove air/vapor..but i really dont want 2 more fuel filters, it would be nice if you could at least bypass the large stock filter in the frame rail and run the 2 on the dog plus the stock one on the engine.. if thats the case im game on the airdog...and if needed down the road add another lift pump..

dont mean to hijack here, anyone had problems with jelin up in the winter, i push snow in the winter and if i could it wold be nice to simply shut off the airdog as its not needed when the truck is in "work mode" but its location ( or any aftermarket pump) isnt the greatest when plowing over drifts and running 65mph in -15 weather..
Old 09-30-2009, 05:37 PM

Don't have to worry to much about snow down here in Texas, but that's kinda why I wanted to keep the HFCM and add a lift pump because of the heater.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmullins214 View Post
Don't have to worry to much about snow down here in Texas, but that's kinda why I wanted to keep the HFCM and add a lift pump because of the heater.
I guess thats my question too, is the HFCM not a good enough separator?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Lt. Negativity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoker0560 View Post
Why run a regulated return with a regulated pump? I was thinking about starting with a raptor and crossover at the rear and y a line off to a fuel press. gauge..if i need more fuel later i'll throw another raptor in line..i dont need 2 more fuel filters..the system is already set up with a return..maybe could use bigger line but...the truck calls for a certain amount of fuel..do whatever it takes to keep the heads fed and she should run!
The Airdog and Airdog 2 are different. The airdog 2 you have the possiblity to delete the frame mount one, also you can delete the fuel bowl up top. Some folks run the Airdog 1 and raptor pump straight to the front of the heads.

You can run the Airdog to the stock pump then to the front of the heads. There are different ways to do set-ups.

If he wasnt going to run an Airdog set-up, a regulated return is good for upgraded fuel system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoker0560 View Post
I guess thats my question too, is the HFCM not a good enough separator?
It is fine up to a certain point, when you start getting into injectors and fuel systems the stock HFCM wont give you a steady pressure of 55psi. Your pressure will drop with the demand of injectors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.