Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

just wanting to know?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  stroken04 
#1 ·
Can i stack a sct on my edge platinum with attitude?

#2 ·
I was wondering this too

#3 ·
i love my edge i just bought it at jambo it gives some amazing power to truck... i got a 2005 f-350 6 spd with a 4" silverline exhaust and 4" lift with 35's under it and me and a couple buddies went down to louisville and was messin around with some dodges and blew their doors of but i want a little more power just for fun ya know

#5 ·
There is a way to do this, but this is the ONLY way I'd do it... use trans only tunes from the SCT, then use your edge as the power adder, though it will have to stay plugged in for this to work, you cant really stack on a 6.0 as all they use is programmers and they just over-write the previous tune. So you can load a tranny tune from the SCT (your transmission will thank you) and then just use the power adder from the EDGE, but it will have to stay plugged in. I dont see the point in this though as a custom tuned SCT will run circles around the edge in every aspect.

#6 ·
Stacking works when the module tells different lies than the programmer. When they used the same sensors, stacking gets dangerous. Most people, who stack on a 6.0, end up with engine problems shortly after.

If you want more power, talk to someone about getting custom tunes for the SCT.

As mdub07 said, the only real way to stack affectively is to use one for the engine and one for the tranny (which really isn't stacking as much as using them in conjunction).

#7 ·
I wasnt meaning using it like that...never mind yeah Ive got custom tunes, i would never do this...I was wondering about the monitor in order to check on egt's and such. Guages are best but Im not sure that I want to put those in my truck or not...I would rather have a digital monitor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.