wheel hoping 4x4 boosted launch - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wheel hoping 4x4 boosted launch

.took the truck to the 1/4 strip for the first time. made a few passes truck ran great.. I dont know if anyone else has the same problems with watchin boost while trying to stage but I DO! i hit the first stage light..then boost it up and creep it forward to the second light and then go but i have trouble holding a steady boost level and its hard to watch the gauge and lights, IMO!

the truck was launching great but one time. i went up and staged like normal, i must have boosted the thing throught the roof some how because when i dumped the brake and mashed it the truck launched sideways. wheel hopped like a son of a gun in the front and i was forced to let go.. it hopped so hard i was certain the front end was trashed, i bit my tongue and they had to shut down that lane to clean up all the dirt the fell from my truck from the track.. the crowd loved it! I DIDNT!! any one else done this before??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoker0560 View Post
.took the truck to the 1/4 strip for the first time. made a few passes truck ran great.. I dont know if anyone else has the same problems with watchin boost while trying to stage but I DO! i hit the first stage light..then boost it up and creep it forward to the second light and then go but i have trouble holding a steady boost level and its hard to watch the gauge and lights, IMO!

the truck was launching great but one time. i went up and staged like normal, i must have boosted the thing throught the roof some how because when i dumped the brake and mashed it the truck launched sideways. wheel hopped like a son of a gun in the front and i was forced to let go.. it hopped so hard i was certain the front end was trashed, i bit my tongue and they had to shut down that lane to clean up all the dirt the fell from my truck from the track.. the crowd loved it! I DIDNT!! any one else done this before??
Haha quit watching the guage.
Boost it to about 2k and then move up to the 2nd light and floor it. Youll be around 2350 by the time the light turns green and just go.

Lol and yup, it happends to me all the time. I launched at like 3k one time and I swear the truck came off the ground. It left 4 very black 3 foot long tire marks in the street.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:42 PM

Get ya some traction bars. it does it bad on my 6.4 and the traction bars helped alot. You can also strap (preload) your front suspension to help with wheel hop in the front.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4STROKER View Post
Get ya some traction bars. it does it bad on my 6.4 and the traction bars helped alot. You can also strap (preload) your front suspension to help with wheel hop in the front.
i dont think the rears hopped but i could be wrong, i know for sure the fronts did BAD! i had the same problem truck pulling so i started chaining the front end down using a chain hooked to the frame, wrapping around the trailing arms and run it to a chain binder hooked to the upper spring mount on both sides, works great truck pulling, didnt think i would need it at the strip
Old 09-27-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoker0560 View Post
i dont think the rears hopped but i could be wrong, i know for sure the fronts did BAD! i had the same problem truck pulling so i started chaining the front end down using a chain hooked to the frame, wrapping around the trailing arms and run it to a chain binder hooked to the upper spring mount on both sides, works great truck pulling, didnt think i would need it at the strip
Yeah I probably wouldnt use chain at the track. IF that chain came off while your doing 90mph down the track you could have a bad wreck or tear up some major stuff on your truck. I have a set of 2'' ratchet straps that are really short and work great.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:54 AM

do you think the 4 link kit from RCD would help in this case?
Old 09-28-2009, 04:42 AM

Get some ratchet straps on the front end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.