What the SCT!! losing locks! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What the SCT!! losing locks!

well finally got to go play with the truck after the stud install. had a whole bunch of issues..with the SCT!!!

first off. ordered some "big tunes for the truck, called Cale on friday. a couple of us were running up to the NHRDA drags in Cedar Falls, IA on Saturday so i needed a better tune fast, was running Eric's Agg Street. so i got ahold of Cale on friday, he told me he would get it to me that night so i could get it in the truck ahead of time, sure enough about 8:30 at night he called with a few conformations and like promised he got the tune for me! (Thanks again, Cale)

Well my SCT program on the comp here wouldnt recognize the tune to load it, so i called Cale back and he told me to download the lastest updates for my Xcal3 as the files changed from the ll3 to a CEF file, ( i hadnt bought tunes for a year) so i downloaded it, well had a few more bugs getting everything installed properly and i plugged in the tuner to my computer the first time (forgot to hold cancel while i did) and i noticed the unlocks went down to 4, well i unplugged it and plugged it back in and the unlocks then said 3!!! WTF???

well i decided to continue and got everything installed and had to tuner ready to load but then it said that something or other wasnt compatible. didnt really understand so i figured i would download the latest firmware, well the firmware didnt change but i figured i would do it anyways to see if it would help. so i was sure to download the proper firmware for my Xcal3 (non-enhanced not an XP) so i loaded it on the SCT and the tuner said Invalid firmware, tried it again, said the same thing..so just for the heck of it, i downloaded the other firmware from the SCT site for the XP enhanced Xcal3, well i loaded it on the SCT and for some crazy reason it worked!

so i loaded the new tune on it, plugged it in the truck and i worked just fine.. not really sure what happened..

next question: saturday was running the truck down the 1/4 and made about 5 passes or so..well i decided to run one last time before we left so i lined up like normal boosted it up on the first stage light and bumped the brakes untill i hit second stage..light turned green so i dumped the brakes and NO POWER! truck seemed to turn itself back to stock or somthing..so i just eased down the strip and noticed the speedo didnt work.. everything else did. just the speedo didnt work and there was no power..truck ran fine..shifted fine. drove great..just seemed like the tune was gone and the truck was stock again.. so when i stopped to pick up my time slip.. took off and noticed the speedo was working again. so i stepped on it and had full power back..been fine ever since

what the frank happened!?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2009, 08:39 PM

well good, im not the only who has NO idea!
Old 09-27-2009, 08:53 PM

I know on our semis when the loose the speedo sensor the truck depowers itself only runs so many rpms and only runs like 40... Could maybe have been something like that?????
Old 09-28-2009, 07:27 AM
Lt. Negativity

As for the swtich to ll3 to CEF files. Just make sure you have everything downloaded and loaded correctly. I have the old Xcal 2 and had to update mine but i didnt run to that problem. When you use the live load program does it says Live Load Ford ? Thats what mine says.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:00 PM

nope just says Load Custom Tune File (ll3 or CEF).. i guess its working fine as of now so i guess theres no need to be too concerned about it. i just dont know why my unlocks went from 5 to 3 with no reason at all?
Old 09-28-2009, 08:38 PM

Your truck went into safe mode, from having too much boost for too long. I did it once at a stop light trying to race my buddies VW GTI. After a mile or so it all came back though. Scared me lifeless at first!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoker0560 View Post
next question: saturday was running the truck down the 1/4 and made about 5 passes or so..well i decided to run one last time before we left so i lined up like normal boosted it up on the first stage light and bumped the brakes untill i hit second stage..light turned green so i dumped the brakes and NO POWER! truck seemed to turn itself back to stock or somthing..so i just eased down the strip and noticed the speedo didnt work.. everything else did. just the speedo didnt work and there was no power..truck ran fine..shifted fine. drove great..just seemed like the tune was gone and the truck was stock again.. so when i stopped to pick up my time slip.. took off and noticed the speedo was working again. so i stepped on it and had full power back..been fine ever since

what the frank happened!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdub707 View Post
Your truck went into safe mode, from having too much boost for too long. I did it once at a stop light trying to race my buddies VW GTI. After a mile or so it all came back though. Scared me lifeless at first!
Mine did that stock one time also. Glad to hear its cool. Scared the $**&^%*&^$ outta me!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.