Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Wildman tunes

12K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  PowrStoked04 
#1 ·
This is long so bear with me. Just wondering if anyone else has had as hard of a time getting tunes from him. Ordered 2-16-15, received them 2-23, tow and street weren't right, messaged him back, he fixed the tow tune but not the street. Emailed him again. 3-6 sent another cause hadn't heard nothing. He emails back 3-11 says he's out of town. 3-19 finally got street tune, still not right. 3-22 said he would look at it. 4-13 sent another message cause still have heard nothing. He quickly responds saying he was waiting for my to let him know how the tow tune worked which I had done on 4-9-15. Then two months later, 6-3-15 emailed him back cause I never got my tune. I had emailed, called, texted and left voicemails and never heard a thing. He finally sent me the tune that day. 5MONTHS LATER!!!! He told me then that he would change my extreme no studs to extreme with studs once I got the truck bullet proofed. Finally got it done and emailed him on 5-11-16 to get him to go ahead and write the tune for studs. He emailed me back saying he was out of the office till 5-18-16, to email him back then and he would get it, so I did. Emailed him again on 5-23 because of course no response!! And now here we are 5-31-16, two weeks later and still no response. I was told was good to deal with. Don't know what his deal is but this crap is getting old. Just wondered if anybody else has had this problem with him??????? I believe it's time for some TSD TUNES!!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Tony has a full time job he works during the day. He only does tuning during his free time (as scarce as that may be).
There have been several threads posted on here for the same reason.

A lot of tuners do this as a full time job which is why most of us can issue revisions quickly. Tony is not one of them.

The beauty of an SCT programmer is that you can simply go to another company for tunes if you do not like the ones you currently have. It is not uncommon at all for people to have two or three different tuners.

#3 ·
Tony has a full time job he works during the day. He only does tuning during his free time (as scarce as that may be).
There have been several threads posted on here for the same reason.

A lot of tuners do this as a full time job which is why most of us can issue revisions quickly. Tony is not one of them.

The beauty of an SCT programmer is that you can simply go to another company for tunes if you do not like the ones you currently have. It is not uncommon at all for people to have two or three different tuners.
^^^Subtle

:look:

Reactions: Chatham036
#7 ·
Never wrote one but for the ones I have ordered they are usually in my inbox within 1 business day.

I keep meaning to try PHP but haven't yet, chat with @Chatham036 and see what he can do for you.

#8 ·
Tony writes some very good tunes but yes, it can be impossible to get a response from him. As well as some other tuners. I gave up.

If you want good tunes and the best customer service go with PHP.

#9 ·
Chatham, thanks for the heads up.

OP, I do apologize for the delay in getting ahold of me.

I was out of town for a week for our first family vacation since Morgan died, and no sooner than we got back home, my brother decided to get his arm caught in the rudder on a 135 and since I am only 2 hours away and he lives by himself, I went up to take care of him.

I will get you taken care of I just got back and trying to catch up on everything before I go back up there.

Just for reference, I wouldn't recommend doing what he did, lucky he is alive and still has his arm attached.

Attachments

#11 ·
It was the tail rudder on a c-135, he was attaching the tail cone and someone powered the wing section and it decided to snap to zero.

#12 ·
Oh LOL I was thinking a boat rudder

good thing the plane wasn't in the water then

you must have laughed when you read my question

so that's a work related injury ? thats a big plane if i googled the right one that doesn't look very forgiving I bet someone will get reamed for failure to obey saftey procedures

#13 ·
Yep, the rudder itself is somewhere north of 25 ft tall I believe. At least his face dented the thing and they had to remove it all because of that!

#15 ·
Good luck ever getting tunes updated from him. I got my original tunes promptly from him and never heard from him again for changes I wanted done. Same as you phone calls unanswered, emails unanswered. Total waste of money and time.

#20 ·
Tony is one of the best Tuners IMO.
(And I've went through NUMEROUS tunes from Eric, Matt, Vivian, and Jesse for reference.)

Life is life and sometimes family has to come first before business. Some people understand, and some don't. It's a choice everyone has to make for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21 ·
I am not going to get into a pissing match it seems that 14 months of silence both email and unanswered calls speaks for its self. By the way Tony did what he said he would and sent me a refund. Thank you Tony I appreciate it, its just the lack of customer service that I don't like.

#22 ·
@Six0~Stroker I agree, they are good tunes and yes family does come first but when your left hanging in the dark each time you try to deal with someone not knowing why you're not getting a response when you've already paid them, it's kind of aggravating. If he would have just let me know what was going on I would have had no problem at all to wait till he got things straightened out

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.