egr block vs. egr delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
egr block vs. egr delete

Hey everyone i know there is a difference between the delete and the block off kit. But what is involved in the two? Having a mild tune would it be okay with just a block? I guess I dont understand what a block kit does. If you block of the egr, the gases do not run through the cooler anymore? so it keeps the coolant cooler? The EGR valve still is on the truck. But the cooler is still there so it could leak, and that is how they fail right? the EGR delete kit gets rid of the cooler all together. Can anyone help me fill out some miss information or pictures would be awesome. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to 67ModStang Send a message via Yahoo to 67ModStang
The block is just a plate in between the cooler and up-pipe blocking the exhaust flow into the cooler. Only doing this means that the cooler can still fail and cause damage(it happened to me). Doing the full delete removes the cooler alltogether and is the best route to go. Most delete kits do not remove the egr valve in which case you would be best to have it welded shut because it can still open under pressure and cause problems...Or you could go after the FCDP delete kit which removes both the EGR valve and cooler.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:55 PM

where do you find a egr delete kit at? the one which doesn't remove the valve because my father owns a machine shop so he could machine me a piece that i could just bolt in place of the egr, or just have the plate welded in.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Premium Member

Elite diesel has a kit and so does Liberator performance. Or you could just make your own since you have access to a shop...there is a link in the tech section with instructions on how to make your own.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:12 PM

alright i will look just don't want to screw it up or have to much down time. How long did it take you to put yours in?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Premium Member

Mine was done by Scuffy828 here on the Org when my heads got replaced but it does take some time since you have to tear everything off the top of the engine including the intake to get it done.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:45 PM

ya i see that, the write up is nice, just a few things worry me there. the pipe is smooth and the hose is just clamped on
Old 09-21-2009, 08:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to IH06Pwrstrke
Check out Welcome To DieselTech1.Com 's full delete kit. I called them today and said it was $560 shipped including intake gaskets and a complete kit. A little high but most ones I've found run $400-$600 and this looks to be a nice kit with no rubber hoses to collapse on the 180 degree bend and has a nice machined plug for the EGR valve and a cap off plate for your up pipe
Old 09-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH06Pwrstrke View Post
Check out Welcome To DieselTech1.Com 's full delete kit. I called them today and said it was $560 shipped including intake gaskets and a complete kit. A little high but most ones I've found run $400-$600 and this looks to be a nice kit with no rubber hoses to collapse on the 180 degree bend and has a nice machined plug for the EGR valve and a cap off plate for your up pipe
FCDP isn't that much more....
Old 09-21-2009, 08:25 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH06Pwrstrke View Post
mine has a rubber hose and I will assure you, it wont collapse, the only one that has that risk is the one's that have the pre shaped rubber hose, which most people dont use.

for 15 dollars more you can have our EGR delete kit with a cleaned intake manifold, welded and pressure tested
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.