Customer Input Needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Customer Input Needed

Guys,

With the most recent changes to the operating system of our Phalanx Console, I'm looking to get some customer input from both current and potential users of the Phalanx for the 6.0. You can read a bit more about the way the new console functions with the 6.4L here; the 6.0L operation will be the same. Spartan Phalanx Pre-Loaded Tuners are here!

We are planning to implement a comprehensive database of pre-loaded tunes that will not only work on the full selection of stock trucks, but will also contain preliminary tunes that will work on other modifications, such as EGR deletes, aftermarket VGT and Non-VGT turbochargers, injectors, ect. Obviously these files will not be precisely written in exactly the same manner as a full custom file, however will help tremendously to bridge the gap and provide an option that will work properly with many of the available hardware modifications on the market without investing time in constant "tweaking" to a file.

I'm basically looking for input as to what kind of mods you guys would like to see these files available for in the database- such as the VGT-SS and VGT-HO style upgraded turbochargers, non-vgt turbos such as the S300 and Aurora setups, and various assortments of the more common injector sizes (Stage 1/150mm, Stage 2/175, Stage 3/200/225mm, ect) and files for the Suncoast and ATS transmissions.

Once these files are completed, tested, and added to the database, all of our 6.0 tuners will come pre-loaded with a full set for each different strategy level for any mods we add- free of charge.

Feel free to throw any ideas at me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
yea, send me one and I will test it out. I know I like the way it looks inone of my customers trucks...only downfall I see is having only ONE option when it comes to tuning, where as with the SCT you have many options.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Definitely need a high horsepower tune safe for stock bolts, exhaust and intake.That's what I have

Last edited by Goose350; 09-21-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:53 PM

Nitrous tunes would be nice as well.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:01 PM

Matt-

It sounds like a great idea. The ability to have a database of tunes available to the end user free of charge would be great.

I'm sure you have plenty of trucks available, but I live in Charlotte and drive all over the state with our construction business, and would love to be a test user for you.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:02 PM

studs, regulated return here. will the ficm tuning still be there?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
i would like to see the ficm tuning avalible for the phalanx. have you go that figured out yet?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

All of our FICM files are complete- by the time this database is released, all files will include a FICM file along with the TCM and PCM. We are only waiting on the needed firmware for the tuner itself to download to the module.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Acolyte

That is great news. I have been researching tuners/scanners and the DashDAQ/spartan system looks freakin awesome. The more i read the better it all sounds. As for input, it sounds like you have it well thought out already.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Lt. Negativity

SO basicly your gonna be doing FICM tuning with this programmer ? How does it affect the timing ? too much timing etc ? What HP gains are you gonna see ? This gonna be better then the SCT ? What about Tranny adjustments ? injectors sizes ? Turbos both VGT and Non VGT ?Tire sizes for lifted trucks ? Built transmissions ? Gear changes in a truck ? Shift points adjustments if it aint shifting right etc etc.

Seems like 6.4 tunes are working great but how does it affect 6.0's ?

Last edited by RescueF250; 10-04-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.