Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Turbo trade info needed. vgt to non

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  dukcaln 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I am making a deal to trade my Industrial stage II vgt for a RCD 64mm. I need to hear from all of you guys. I have been told that a 62/70 is the best fit for my mods and then I have been told that a 64/70 from rcd is the best fit for the mods.... :dunno: After talking to the owner of the rcd 64mm (he traded his vgt-ss for it) he has noticed the following on his set up, (Industrial 190cc (which I think flow like 160cc) stock fuel sys (just added an airdog) and a Sun Coast converter with stock tranny, 513 gears with 40's) He said up top he can spool the turbo but down low he can't. He mentioned that from cruising like 55 he has to gentley roll into it and still wot he has a hard time keeping it spooled. He says it smokes pretty good on his set up. He has tried different tunes to. Now, I think I can spool it pretty good on my set up. I can keep my regulated return set at 55 or 60psi and under full throttle I see no drop, as to his set up I think he was starving for fuel thats why he couldn't keep the rcd lit. Please I would like to hear from you guys running the rcd 64mm and from guys who aren't. I need some serious advice this time.

#4 ·
Even if the vgt has the wheel, its still gonna reacted different than a traditional turbo (non vgt) Plus the hp and reliability is far greater in a non vgt.

#7 ·
ITs a 64/71. Cause I had one.

#8 ·
When a turbo is referred to by two sets of numbers, it usually is in reference to the compressor wheel inducer and turbine housing (not the turbine wheel).

The turbine wheel is more than likely a clipped 71mm but the turbine housing is more than likely a 75. RCD, also, does an 85.

#10 ·
Hey you got mail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.