Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

serious problems with sct sf3... can you screw one of these things up?

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Abrannan19 
#1 ·
so i went to flash my truck about 2 weeks ago to the canned "street" tune on my sf3 that i got about 3 months ago... ive had it on my truck before and it worked just fine. but when i went to flash it this time it got to the loading tune stage and froze... 3 times. tried another tune and the same thing happened. then it told me the device is vin-locked... idk whats goin on here. ive tried and tried to get in touch with sct and have yet to be successful. somebody please tell me what ive done wrong...:dunno:

Matt

#2 ·
the tunes that worked on your truck before the flash won't work after the flash i beleive.

#3 ·
go in on the computer and unlock it.

#4 ·
ive tried to unlock it... nothing works with the stupid thing... idk what the deal is... i cant even get the stock file..

#5 ·
happen to my buddy. bad firmware . have to call them and get remote to your computer and let them fix it.

#6 ·
now if i could just get a chance to call them.. damn weather wont quit making me get peoples power on after 6. i need a day off.

#7 ·
Go on the sct tech support on their site and you can download recent fireware up date. Then go onto your SCT updater on your computer, put your sct tuner into firmware mode by holding down the cancel button then load the firmware update onto your tuner. It probably wouldn't hurt to update your tunes from the site too while your at it. The only thing I dont know is whether or not the firmware update is going to reset the stock file on the tuner. But if that is the case you can save your stock file onto your computer before you update it, which would be a good thing to do if your tuner gets messed up :doh:

#9 ·
you may be able to fix it yourself...here are some directions:

If it doesn’t allow you to load the tune, you may need to update the firmware, if this is the case, go back to this part:

SCT Automotive Performance Products

4th tab on the top is "tech support" click that

when that opens click "device updates and download"

1) select the x3 Ford

2) device firmware

read descriptions to decipher which of the downloads suits you, it should be the first one:
X3 Ford Enhanced Flash Device Firmware
Application: X3 Ford Device PN:3000
Current Version:1.2.116-3000

save that to the "tunes" folder that you just made on the desktop, once this is done, be sure the X3 is disconnected press and hold cancel, and plug the X3 in release the cancel button approx. 3-5 seconds after connection is made and open up the X3LW updater again. Once open click "update firmware" and select the new firmware that you saved there, once completed (it will take several minutes) you should disconnect and reconnect the X3 and load the tunes with no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.