Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

bringing my truck in for dealer warranty

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  pongpro 
#1 ·
hey hows it going im bringing my 2004 F350 in for some warranty work and i have a sct tunner 4" turbo back exhaust and im wondering what i need to do so that the dealer wont hassle me i know i need to take the chip out and clear codes but do i need i need to take the exhaust off or can i leave it

#2 ·
Most dealers do not care as long as the cat is there. I also have a turbo back and never had a problem with the cvat there.

#3 ·
all depends on the dealer theres no real answer anyone can give you. whats the build date on your truck?

#4 ·
Just take the chip out and you'll be fine.

Worse thing that happens: Your dealer decides to be an a-hole and you say you'll take your business else where!

Been there and done that, except mine was over GAUGES!

#5 ·
take the programmer out. unplug your batteries for a little bit. plug them back in and put a few miles on it so it doesn't show the recent powerloss on the ecu. most dealers, from my personal experience, may hassle you about the exhaust but will drop it

#6 ·
You really don't even have to go through the trouble of un-hooking the batteries.

Just unplug the chip, drive to the dealer and if they ask you just say you had the batteries un-hook while doing something.

The code that most dealers look for to identify the truck being programmed is a P1000 code (if memory serves right). But the best part is that code is the exact same one thrown when you un-hook the batteries. So no use to un-hook them since it's gonna throw the same code anyways.

#7 ·
Ya the dealership, if they have good techs can find out really if you have a tuner or not. If they digged hard enough and know what to look for.

#8 · (Edited)
so i should put the cat back in then? o and the build date is end of 03 and the problems im taking it in on is power steering box leak missing coolant power loss when i put it in 4x4 it gets stuck in 4x4 and a ripped intercooler boot

#9 ·
i think your out of warranty unless you have a extended one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.