Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Which is more important?

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Rattler-FX4 
#1 ·
In a set of injectors, which is more important if an option?

Upgraded solenoid or upgraded spool valves?

I'll admit upfront, have not ever had the need to understand the components of an injector until now and I'm sure many, many of you do...

Particularly in a 175/30 set.

#3 ·
How many miles on said injectors? Any issues?

#4 ·
Built from new OEM's through KT Performance. Warren Diesel injectors and they have the option of one or the other. Kenny said both aren't available due to lack of adequate testing to date. He emailed late last night. I'll ask him more come Monday.

#5 ·
I have delta with KT, they seem like good people. If they are new injectors, I wouldn't bother with either option and save your money. Just run a quality synthetic and some Archoil every once and a while and change your oil regularly, you should be just fine. If they were cleaning up your old set with a bit of mileage on them and stiction issues, then that upgrade would be worth the money IMHO.

Reactions: Rattler-FX4
#6 ·
That's what I was wondering. Leaning that way as it saves a few dollars.

#7 ·
Put the extra money into a fuel system upgrade maybe to keep some healthy fuel pressure supplying those new sticks.

#8 ·
Yep per! Air Dog II will be in next week!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.