Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

is nate still around ???

4K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  towtowtowyourrig 
#1 ·
Any word of windrunner??

Reactions: waggonerj
#2 ·
I sent them a couple of email back in December and they haven't replied to me.

#4 ·
Same for me. Its been about 2 months asking about a tune revision.

#3 ·
Been hanging around 6.7 stuff lately ! Anybody heard of nate doing anything w/ 6.7s ??

#6 ·
He's pretty busy. If you all are on the Facebook group "Ford 6.0 Super Duty" Jimmy handles streaming the revisions.

#8 ·
why is that?

#15 ·
I talked to Nate about a week ago. He's about to build my injectors to 170/30s and I'm ordering his stage 2 turbo.:laugh2:

That's is if I can ever find time to tear into my truck and send everything to him. Lol

#16 ·
I do not envy the tuner life.

You work hard to provide great "custom tunes" for a very reasonable rate.
Then you get overloaded with tune requests. Some tuners write 1000s of tunes every year.
Life is good for a little bit
Then suddenly all the "tune revisions" start rolling in... some because of new mods, other because truck does not run right, some because they are overly picky, some because the tunes suck.

After a while the tuners start getting overworked because they still have 1000s of tune requests every year and now you get all the tune revisions that keep coming back.

It is hard to "hire" someone to help because if you share all your tuning secrets with anyone, then that new person can easily just break off and compete against you now that they know all your secrets.

A lot of tuners tend to "drop off the map". I won't name anyone specific but it has happened many times over the years to even some of the bigger names when they "stop email tunes" for a short time.

I cant say that is why Nate is not getting back to anyone... but just making an observance...

Now lets get back to Jay being everyone's BABY DADDY

#17 ·
While I'm usually more into watching.......... >:)

I did order tunes from Nate on their website 2/5. He got back to me 2/9 with the tunes. Said he had been pretty swamped.

Back to my wallflower status....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.