Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Can I have Sct?

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Lubbockguy1979 
#1 ·
Hi all. I just read in a magazine that this guy has the banks six-gun with an sct backing it up. I would like to know how in the hell this guy did this and I was wondering if I could do it. Any help would be amazing. Do it for the SCT!:icon_ford:

#4 ·
Are you sure? This guy claims that he has power running off of both of them at the same time.

#6 ·
Truthfully you can stack a 6 gun and SCT on a 6.0 but its not worth it. The 6 gun is a 10k mod with gauges

SCT custom tunes alone will give more power than the stack.

#8 ·
So could I could stack an SCT with a 6 gun? I really like the PDA that banks uses though. Could I still use the SCT but have the banks monitoring with it's PDA?

#10 ·
For a short time I used a edge attitude with juice as a monitor (set to stock) and the sct for tuning. The edge did cause me to have some shifting issues that I did not expereince with the sct alone or truck stock. As far as stacking goes with any diesel you will want to know specifically what the tuning does. You don't want two tuning devices that tune the same things. this can lead to too much cylinder compression to much timing to much boost etc. This is why the dodge guys stack certain modules and chips for power. On a powerstroke though there are tuners that can do more as far as tuning with one device that what 2 devices will do on a dodge. The sct, phalanx and gryphoon can custom tune. Although not sure of the gryphoon's capibilities the sct and phalan can tune timing, fuel,& boost to create a tune and max out the engine, turbo, tranny and fuel system. In the duramax the efi live does the same thing. On dodges from what I have read there is not a tuning platform that can do this type of tuning therefore they stack tuners. With a 6.0 stacking tuners will actually reduce power because the stacking of the tuning devices will cause some of the tuning to cancel each tuner out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.