egr - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
egr

whats the best egr delete kit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

first coast diesel performance.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Premium Member

River City Diesel has a good one.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamW View Post
first coast diesel performance.
Its by far the best EGR delete there is, JMO. Also, great customer service.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:25 PM

I think spending $500-$600 for a simple kit is crazy. I modified my up pipe and egr cooler. Plus it still looks stock, so no problems with the smog police.

I wouldn't be surprised this smog check goes national, the way Obama is going.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipewelder71 View Post

I wouldn't be surprised this smog check goes national, the way Obama is going.
I live in South Carolina, if he tries to make it national, we'll just leave the Union, or something like that... Thank God for us stubborn rednecks
Old 07-30-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stk1130 View Post
I live in South Carolina, if he tries to make it national, we'll just leave the Union, or something like that... Thank God for us stubborn rednecks
There you go!

Lincoln pulled the union together.

Obama pulls the union apart.

How ironic isn't it.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Premium Member

Thats the good thing about River City Diesels kit, if it does get to that point, where everyone gets smog checked, you can just take it off and put the EGR crap back on.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
Thats the good thing about River City Diesels kit, if it does get to that point, where everyone gets smog checked, you can just take it off and put the EGR crap back on.
I just checked it out, nice kit.

I don't about you, but to restore the egr, it takes time. Then you're back with same problem that you're trying to solve.

My modified setup, it works just as well as the kit above. Plus, if the smog police is looking for the egr equipment, it's still there. But the egr is disabled and sealed. There's no way that the gases and the coolant (If the cooler is leaking.) can get into the intake manifold. They can't tell the up pipe and egr cooler are modified. I haven't had a single problem with this setup, plus it doesn't throw any codes. I've been doing this for a dealership when someone wants it done. I should get some pictures up when I get a chance.

I run Spartan tunes and I pull a 35' 11,000 lb. fifth wheel regularly with no problems. My latest mod is building a set of traction bars for my ride, it came out sweet (In suspension and steering, "Built traction bars".). Next is a front hitch setup, where I don't have to remove the fog lights.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:45 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipewelder71 View Post
I just checked it out, nice kit.

I don't about you, but to restore the egr, it takes time. Then you're back with same problem that you're trying to solve.

My modified setup, it works just as well as the kit above. Plus, if the smog police is looking for the egr equipment, it's still there. But the egr is disabled and sealed. There's no way that the gases and the coolant (If the cooler is leaking.) can get into the intake manifold. They can't tell the up pipe and egr cooler are modified. I haven't had a single problem with this setup, plus it doesn't throw any codes. I've been doing this for a dealership when someone wants it done. I should get some pictures up when I get a chance.

I run Spartan tunes and I pull a 35' 11,000 lb. fifth wheel regularly with no problems. My latest mod is building a set of traction bars for my ride, it came out sweet (In suspension and steering, "Built traction bars".). Next is a front hitch setup, where I don't have to remove the fog lights.
Pictures would be cool. I saw one of your posts about this a while back, and I'm heading the same route. I'm just waiting until the welder gets back and has time to do mine. I really appreciate you posting about this, you solved my conundrum for me. I didn't want to pay so much for a delete kit, plus I wanted to look stock (for just in case...).

I'm running a Spartan Phalanx now, and surprise surprise, all that newfound power has given me some wheel hop/ axle wrap issues as well. So now I'm following your traction bar thread and other threads on that here also.

Thanks for pics and info sharing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.