Exhaust only - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exhaust only

I have a stock '07 that I use to pull a 29' toy hauler. It gets heavy when loaded with quads, water, gasoline and gear for a race weekend. It seems my truck is struggleing more than it should pulling the approximately 10,500 lbs. I don't want to do a tuner since it's on stock head bolts. My question is: If I did a new exhaust would I see much benefit from just that? Should I do a cat back or turbo back exhaust? Do all turbo back exhausts delete the cat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdhowell View Post
I have a stock '07 that I use to pull a 29' toy hauler. It gets heavy when loaded with quads, water, gasoline and gear for a race weekend. It seems my truck is struggleing more than it should pulling the approximately 10,500 lbs. I don't want to do a tuner since it's on stock head bolts. My question is: If I did a new exhaust would I see much benefit from just that? Should I do a cat back or turbo back exhaust? Do all turbo back exhausts delete the cat?
the exhaust is not gonna make a diff.... if your not ready to tune it i would leave it stock.... just because your on stock headstuds does not mean it can not take a tune... a simple tow tune would be fine for it.... i would recommend a custom tuned SCT with innovative tunes and a set of gauges.... then the exhaust... i woudl go with a TB exhaust kit.. not all kits will eliminate the cat.. you have to either purchase a off road eddition or get one with the optional cat delete pipe...

hope that helps... if you have any questions feel free to ask

-Raul
Old 07-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
i tow a 13k trailer on occasion for the fire dept when we have water rescues.... and i run an sct tuner and have never had any issues and im on stock head bolts... the best rule of thumb to me is treat it with respect and it will return the favor.... raul wont steer ya wrong.. he is a very reputable dealer that many on the org deal with alot...
Old 07-28-2009, 03:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks guys. Raul, with the SCT tow tune, how much gain are we talking here? My truck seems to be stugglesing to pull my loaded trailer, but then again it is very hot right now. Seems I remember it pulling better when it was cooler weather. Can you hook me up with the tuner, gauges and exhaust? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.