My build - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My build

Thought I would start this thread because my truck is going to be done soon. As you all may know I had my original 9,000 mile motor take a dump. So I was going to have outlaw diesel build me a motor but I decided to stay local with a very good diesel shop. So I got an 04.5 motor with 55k miles on it, super clean. Had it torn down and painted. Then we went with all new bearings and studded the bottom half. Then Elite stage 1 cam, Elite chromoley push rods, Elite stage 1 valve train and Elite coolant bypass lines. Then ported heads, ported intake manifold and ported and coated exhaust manifolds. Had my Hypermax 190cc injectors checked and worked over. Keeping the ATS stage 3 fuel system, egr delete, banks IC and banks intake horn. Stayed with the water meth too. Gonna paint the block ford blue and the intake tubes and banks intake horn. Then you all may know, I went with the Industrial Injection Stage II VGT Hybrid. (Really was torn between that and the II 62/70 Phat Shaft) So it looks like I will go with Erics tunes from Innovated. So i am looking forward to nearing the end of the build. Here is a link to Diesel Nuts Motor sports (my builder) photo bucket of the tear down and build. i will have him add some pictures soon. Fowler pictures by Dieselnut06 - Photobucket I am thinking about adding a vent case mod and oil bypass system too. Please give me your thoughts and suggestions. I will keep this thread going until up and running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2009, 08:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
nice man should make some good power
Old 07-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Yessssssssssss, subscribed! Good luck with the build man should be sweet
Old 07-23-2009, 08:09 AM

Good luck wit the build can't wait to see some results
Old 07-26-2009, 10:32 AM

Just got back into town and need to take care of a few things. Thought I would share that the build is going good, except ford has no mater rebuilt gasket kit for the diesels so my mechanic has to spend some hours at the service deptment going ove the books and ordering gaskets one by one..... Looks like this week some time or the weekend we should have the motor in the truck and at least idleing. i will keep this thread going until the end.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:35 AM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Old 07-26-2009, 05:37 PM

subscribed
Old 07-27-2009, 02:48 PM

So, still no help from Industrial. Still the "we beleive so" answer when it comes to verifing that its a stage 2. Other than that all is good. Called the shop like 5 min ago and the oil pan just went on, motor is flipped over and now the top assembly starts. They tell me that ford gave them a sh-t load of gaskets today, so we should be good there. He told me that late Wed or Thurs they plan on starting here up. So that means they must be putting the motor in tomorrow night and finishing wed morning. Getting close. I hope to have some new pictures soon.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:38 PM

Motors in and the truck was comming along great, until Industrial called my guy back and told him that this turbo is definatley a STAGE I not a stage II. So now what do I do about this. I am really pissed off at this point. I have called and e-mailed every contact I have for this Scott person and I got an e-mail back from his Dad, he tells me they are in the Keys and Scott didn't bring his phone and they will call me in a couple of days. What do you guys think I should do? What is a stage I good for HP wise?
Old 07-29-2009, 03:09 PM

What kind of hp numbers are you expecting? Sounds like it would be great to throw more air and fuel at.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.