New 500 RWHP Twin Turbo System - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 07-18-2009, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
HouseofDiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Jose Ca
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New 500 RWHP Twin Turbo System

Jefferson State Diesel's 500 RWHP Twin Turbo System Designed by the 1000 RWHP 2008 Diesel Power Champion!




House of Diesel
HouseofDiesel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 Old 07-18-2009, 01:00 PM
back in the saddle

 
shu873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tipton, Iowa
Posts: 9,482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 9
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks good. Chris Werner designed it? Just curious as to the size of the chargers used, and how the heck do you add oil? Looks like you'd have to remove the secondary...

Kurt

shu873@powerstroke.org

'06 True Blue/Silver 250 crew cab
ARP's, EGR blocked
AFE stg.2, MBRP 4" pipe
Air Dog 150, ITP reg. return
Bulletproof oil bypass system
Banks technicooler
Ride rite air springs in the rear
EGT, boost, and fuel pressure gauges by DiProcol on the pillar

Plus a few other odds and ends...
shu873 is offline  
post #3 of 17 Old 07-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Too cool for school


 
taylorking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,886
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to taylorking Send a message via Yahoo to taylorking
looks good, but I'd hate to work on it!

Typical cummins owner.

taylorking is offline  
post #4 of 17 Old 07-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats neat. Sure has alot of pipes under the hood!
03-blue-Powerstroke is offline  
post #5 of 17 Old 07-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 
NotStock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 1,593
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think you need a bigger intake! Great work!

Precision Metal Fab
Trevor Hall
(520)465-7971
www.pmfsuspension.com
NotStock is offline  
post #6 of 17 Old 07-18-2009, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
HouseofDiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Jose Ca
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
Looks good. Chris Werner designed it? Just curious as to the size of the chargers used, and how the heck do you add oil? Looks like you'd have to remove the secondary...
Ya Chris designed it. He built it in about 2 weeks last year before the Redding Event. He does some sweet work. I think they started with a 65, and where talking about stepping up to a 68 or 70, but I don't remember if they did it yet or not when I snapped the pic. I have a hard enough time keeping track of whats on what on my rigs. He's not running the BD Turbo or Hypermax Injectors but with the success I've had with them, we know now that it would make everything work perfectly.

House of Diesel

Last edited by HouseofDiesel; 07-18-2009 at 02:08 PM.
HouseofDiesel is offline  
post #7 of 17 Old 07-18-2009, 02:25 PM
back in the saddle

 
shu873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tipton, Iowa
Posts: 9,482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 9
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseofDiesel View Post
Ya Chris designed it. He built it in about 2 weeks last year before the Redding Event. He does some sweet work. I think they started with a 65, and where talking about stepping up to a 68 or 70, but I don't remember if they did it yet or not when I snapped the pic. I have a hard enough time keeping track of whats on what on my rigs. He's not running the BD Turbo or Hypermax Injectors but with the success I've had with them, we know now that it would make everything work perfectly.
I would think that a 68-70mm feeding a 58 should work pretty good for a tow set up. 65 for the atmosphere seems pretty small. You call this a "500" rwhp setup, maybe it is with a 65 for the big one. With a set of 190cc injector and a little bigger atmosphere charger I would bet on 550'ish. Also I see in the pics that an oil housing and fuel bowl delete would be required with it too (I think most guys with compounds on a 6.0 have this done).

I'm kind of curious who would spend the money on compounds for "500" rwhp when you can achieve that with a modded VGT and still maintain street manners and be able to tow (detuned of course)...

Kurt

shu873@powerstroke.org

'06 True Blue/Silver 250 crew cab
ARP's, EGR blocked
AFE stg.2, MBRP 4" pipe
Air Dog 150, ITP reg. return
Bulletproof oil bypass system
Banks technicooler
Ride rite air springs in the rear
EGT, boost, and fuel pressure gauges by DiProcol on the pillar

Plus a few other odds and ends...
shu873 is offline  
post #8 of 17 Old 07-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
smokersteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: California
Posts: 4,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sssaaaaaaawwwwEEEEEEEET!!!!!



look at the degas bottle..........
smokersteve is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 07-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Cynic
 
Dirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 11,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
I would think that a 68-70mm feeding a 58 should work pretty good for a tow set up. 65 for the atmosphere seems pretty small. You call this a "500" rwhp setup, maybe it is with a 65 for the big one. With a set of 190cc injector and a little bigger atmosphere charger I would bet on 550'ish. Also I see in the pics that an oil housing and fuel bowl delete would be required with it too (I think most guys with compounds on a 6.0 have this done).

I'm kind of curious who would spend the money on compounds for "500" rwhp when you can achieve that with a modded VGT and still maintain street manners and be able to tow (detuned of course)...

Someone who doesn't know any better or has more money than common.. well, you know. Compounds SHOULD make low 600's or so on a street or tow setup.

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Voluntary Banishment: Knowing when to leave.
Total Diesel Performance\Unlimited Diesel Performance\Diesel Innovations\BTS\Terminator Engineering\Swamp's Diesel Performance\Black Widow Diesel\Calvert Racing
Dirk is offline  
post #10 of 17 Old 07-18-2009, 05:01 PM
N.S.D.Q.


 
HeavyAssault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Middle VA
Posts: 4,617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Thanks: 24
Thanked 78 Times in 67 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I bet that HP claim changes here real quick.


Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game
(In support of Zmann's request)

HeavyAssault is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome