Which turbo would tou run & why? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which turbo would you run & why?

Ok, like the thread says, which of these turbos would you run and why? My motor is being assembled as we speak and will be ready to install in two weeks, so I need to decide. Here are my choices....a Industrial Injection Stage II vgt with a 68mm compressor side or an Industrial Injection Phat shaft 62/70 or 62/80. Keep in mind its a daily driver and I tow no more than 7500lbs with 4:88 gears, 40 inch tires, full ats race tranny with their convertor, 190cc inj, stage III fuel system, banks IC, water meth, Elite stage I cam, Elite stage I valve train, Elite chromoley push rods, Elite coolant bypass lines, crank case vent mod, egr delete, ported heads, ported intake manifold, ported and coated exh manifolds, head studs and sct custom tunes from Innovated. Please give pros and cons for each then your choice that you would run. Thanks all.....

Last edited by dukcaln; 07-17-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2009, 01:34 PM
I wanna go fast!!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've heard good things about the RCD 64 mm turbo, I dunno if you have looked at those?
Old 07-17-2009, 01:52 PM

I did look at them, but the money they want is alot more than what i can get the II turbos for. The 62/70 and 62/80 i found are both used and between 1500 and 1900. The stage 2 vgt, is surposed to be new, and I am waiting to see how that plays out, another story to that one..LoL

Really, RCD is out od my price range. I even called them yesterday to see if they had a used one but they laughed and said they will only sale new ones...
Old 07-17-2009, 02:17 PM

RCD 64 is what I run and I would highly recommend it. Although I did get a better price on it from Matt then what they have listed, but I was lucky.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:22 PM

I hear you guys about rcd, but could you stick to my choices i have listed. I would love a rcd but I can't get one....
Old 07-17-2009, 05:39 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd definitely go non-vgt, probably the 62/80 given your fuel capabilities.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:34 PM

id go with the 62/70. the smaller housing will give it much better spooling than the 62/80. the stage 2 II vgt would probibly be the most useable on the streets as it would be easier to keep it spooled especially towing and highway driving but you shhould be able to keep the smaller II spooled nicely especially with all the other internals done. when i do finally get 190s installed im going to run them on the stock turbo as long as possable and then probibly go to a 62/70 with the 190s. I think thats a good match.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:59 AM

Well, I was running the 190's with the stock 03 turbo and it was pretty good with Cales tunes. So you shouldn't have a problem. I am thinking the 62/70 is the way to go, but the vgt II is in the back of my mind. I called Industrial yesterday and they told me the fueling I have wil work perfect in thier eyes with a 62/80..... They did say the vgt II will give the best spooling and towing with good boost and average top end but the Phat shafts will be awsome up top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.