Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

sct livewire

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  tex25025 
#1 ·
I am looking at a used one here locally that has 3 innovative tunes.

Is this a good tuner? Is $450 too much for a used one? He said it was on the truck for about a year and a half.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

#2 ·
I dont think you will be able to use the custom tunes.

#4 ·
I dont run the livewire so I couldn't answer that but SCT is the best choice.

#6 ·
it has more features then the other sct's but does the same thing while tuning.i got mine for $300cdn used so $450 may be a little high. as bull dog said you may not be able to use the costume tunes. some don't like the live wire cause of the crappy screen, .i don't use the fancy features so it stays in my glovebox. just get the cheaper model (price not quality)from innovative with there tunes already on it.

#9 ·
thats tha best programmer u can buy rite now for a PSD but ive heard buying from someone else that had it in their truck will not register in ur truck it will just show codes ...

#11 ·
No, the LiveWire is SCT's version of the 6.0. Some people have had great stories about it and others have not. I would stick either with the X3 or go with Spartan's tuner(the one that I run now) as that offers custom tuning and the features of the DashDAQ are much more then the LiveWire or the new SCT Xtreme(which has it's own set of issues).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.