Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Who has the best EGR Delete kit

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  fdchief 
#1 ·
Ok so it's time for me to get the EGR delete kit for my 2003 6.0. I want the whole delete kit, not the by-pass kit. Who has the best one out there for the money and how hard is it to do? Is it something that I can do myself, with the help of some friends, or do I need a shop to do it for me?

#2 ·
Adam at FCDP,,, FTW! His kit is the most complete kit available IMO. If you are mechanically inclined and have a good set of tools it is definitely do-able yourself, albeit its not a walk in the park. Expect it to take a good day to do the complete delete for your first time out.

#4 ·
I used the RCD kit. Says you can do it without removing the intake. It was a pain in the a$$. Would have been easier to remove the intake. It was a pretty good kit with good directions (lacking in some areas for the shade tree mechanic).
Truthfully any kit on here is probably just as good as any other. They all have the same basic components that do the same basic thing - route the coolant to the oil cooler, block the exhaust from entering the intake, and a block off plate for the egr valve. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

#5 ·
+1 for the RCD kit.:thumb:

#8 ·
the gogo one is 1200, but is pretty sweet.

the FCDP one is recommended but a lot of guys.

I have actually used the liberator kit, seems overpriced, but it was beautiful thing to tow a heavy load and not lose coolant for once.

#9 ·
I asked the same thing not too long ago, got the same answer. It does have a price but fixes any and all problems.

Here is a link...First Coast Diesel Performance

#11 ·
after being at first coast personally last weekend and seeing their kit up close and personal.. their kit is by far the best kit on the market bar none... its an amazing COMPLETE kit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.