Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fuel system Learn Me

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  wacko37 
#1 ·
Thinking about getting a fuel system installed and was told better fuel milliage and about 40 horse more is this true? I have A1 studs in egr gone sct and so on will I see anything by getting this ? Also once this is done might have 190 cc injectors put in whats my gane from these two mods or just the fuel system ...
School me in this please ..

#2 ·
honestly the only way to find out if you are actually going to gain anything from the upgrade is to dyno the truck before and after the mod. that will truly tell you if you gained anything from it. not the most cost effective way to spend hard earned money but it will tell the truth. the 190cc injectors are good ideas but if you are going to put those in you have to replace the fuel pump and pickup. a highflow pump for highflow injectors is always a good idea. otherwise you would defeat the purpose of the 190cc injectors. faster flow= more horses but it also equals more trips to the pump.

#3 ·
You honestly won't notice any "seat of the pants" difference after adding a fuel system. It's still a good mod for the truck though. I've got an Airdog 150 pushing fuel to the factory HFCM pump, then to a regulated return kit up under the hood. The airdog filters the fuel even better than the factory filters and the return ensures I've got a steady supply of fuel to ALL 8 injectors. If you plan on upgrading injectors in the future I believe a fuel system is necessary to properly provide the fuel the new sticks will demand.

So in short you won't see any mileage gains or HP difference that you'll notice, but it's still a great upgrade.

#4 ·
a fuel system good for your injectors as you will be sure they have enough fuel in stock form. you need a fuel system if you upgrade to 190s otherwise you will starve them for fuel. most warrenties for injectors wont cover damage caused by a lack of fuel pressure. a 190 cc injector will go through the fuel that is supplied by the stock systtem pretty quick. even with just an sct fuel pressure can drop into the low 20s on a hard run and you want the fuell pressure to hold around 55 psi or so.

#5 ·
Good imfo guys thanks for the help , any more info would be great....

#7 ·
I really didn't notice any difference down low, but on the top end with agressive programming, I don't run out of fuel anymore. Runs strong all the way through and smoothed out the idle a little.

-French

#8 ·
What is your intended final use for the truck? Sled puller, racer Daily driver?

Your stock turbo won't keep up with the 190s. Your tuner will end up having to defuel the truck and your money on 190s will be wasted till you bump to a bigger turbo. You need airflow to use that extra fuel.

Your stock stuff will LOVE the new fuel sytem. An AirDog 100 or 150 with a regulated return will do wonders with your current tuning.

#9 ·
i was looking at RCD's rr kits but it says i cant use it with the dual alternator set-up........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.