6.0 Build UP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Build UP

Ok guys I need your help. I have a 07 and it is bone stock, ecept for the camo clad on the outside. I am wanting to build it up and make it into something better. This is where I need help. I am not good with coming up with ideas. So tell me what you would do with it if it was your truck. What performance products you would add and why? Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

For starters I would go with a good air intake, a good exhaust, air intake manifold and sct tunes. Then later a turbo upgrade. Once thats done you may be very pleased. Aftyer that it get rather $$$$$$$$$$$$$.......
Old 07-09-2009, 02:34 PM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

I'll give you easy ones.

Completely delete the EGR system. Here is a link to the best set up on the market. First Coast Diesel Performance Several members have it. Get some head studs. Browns Diesel has the best price you find. Cummins, Duramax and Powerstroke Diesel Truck Performance - Browns Diesel. Some will say get a CCV (crank case vent mod) it will help keep your turbo boots for popping off and also keep them clean. This what I have a can't complain. CCV Mod. Your stock intake it good for 500 hp so no need to up grade, but if you do S&B or AFE is you best bang for the buck. And don't forget to let it breath. 4 inch exhaust will do you just fine, make sure to ditch the cat and get a full flow muffler. Any brand will do just aslong as its madralin bent.

I ALMOST FOR GOT. GET SOME GAUGES!!! Egt, Boost, Trans Temp. This should be your FIRST upgrade.

Last edited by POWERED SPARKLESS; 07-09-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:34 PM

i would do the typical gauges, sct with custom tunes from innovative, 4" exhaust to a 6" tip or stacks and a cold air intake by s&b or afe stage 2. it will be like a whole new truck after that. oh yeah also do the egr delete and if you have the money, arp head studs
Old 07-09-2009, 03:32 PM

The 3 first things you should get.

Full EGR delete.
Turbo back straight pipe. no cat or muff
SCT tuning.

The stock filter will filter 99% of the air. All the after market wont be that high so you will dust up your turbo. Yet your mileage will go up........ S&B has the highest filter % out of the after market. But you should really stick with the stock.

After those 3 its up to you for the path you want.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:33 PM

Gauges, exhaust, and tuner that does custom tunes(either the phalanx(what I use and a few others on the boards here) or the SCT).

You do not need an intake for performance reasons unless you are going to be doing a turbo and/or injectors. There is no need for it. The stock one flows just as good as an a/m until you hit 3,700 rpm and that is well beyond the stock rpm range of this truck. Yes it's a limitation of the engine, but it's a limitation that you have to work within. Also the stock filter filters just as good as the best of them. The only negative side that some people have to deal with is the ease of working around the filter(cleaning, replacing etc.), I don't have an issue, but some do. That at this stage of the game is about the only legitimate reason for getting an a/m filter unless you just want it. Save your money though.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:45 PM

It entirely depends on your budget. But everything that has been said gets a +1 from me as far as I can tell its all spot on!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Speaking from experience definitely headstuds before any HP mods. Then egr delete kit.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to AaronATX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04fourwheeldrive View Post
Speaking from experience definitely headstuds before any HP mods. Then egr delete kit.
i second that, if i built a 6.0 i'd definitely make sure it is properly equipped to handle performance mods before throwing performance mods at it. better safe than sorry.. just my opinion.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronATX View Post
i second that, if i built a 6.0 i'd definitely make sure it is properly equipped to handle performance mods before throwing performance mods at it. better safe than sorry.. just my opinion.

Yes and no. I know of quite a few that are running custom tunes without headstuds and are running them without any problems. While they are good to have, I wouldn't say that they are indeed without a doubt necessary to have, but that's just me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.