No Muffler ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Muffler ?

I have a 2004 F-250 with a mbrp exhaust. Looks like its straight from the turbo back but there is a muffler. How much louder would my truck be with out the muffler?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Banned

You will get a little more turbo whistle but it shouldn't be too much louder. I run mine straight piped and it isn't too bad unless you really stomp on it.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the reply. I guess since mine is a longbed its harder for me to really hear it...ive seen a couple 6.0 driving around that seem to be alot louder than my truck seems to be.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLube202 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I guess since mine is a longbed its harder for me to really hear it...ive seen a couple 6.0 driving around that seem to be alot louder than my truck seems to be.
That's because you weren't in the truck with them!

My truck is straight piped too, and it's not bad in the cab while driving. It's everyone else that really gets an earfull when you raunch on it.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:28 PM

That makes sense. Even tho this is off topic I'm still gonna talk about it because I am bored and I'm supposed to be leaving work but the boss is messin around somewhere...I want an SCT for the truck...bad. But i cant justify spending the money on one because of the problems that may occur. Plus my truck isn't paid for and its still under warranty...and I will end up needing tires after the fun and I am trying to save money...the list goes on blah blah blah. Worth it?
Old 07-08-2009, 07:38 PM

you can run a hot tune like extreme street or race and still have fun with it as long as you're not beating on it all the time. watching your guages while having said fun will keep your motor safe. this is just my two cents, but the money i save in fuel mileage in a year justifies owning an SCT product.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudvain View Post
you can run a hot tune like extreme street or race and still have fun with it as long as you're not beating on it all the time. watching your guages while having said fun will keep your motor safe. this is just my two cents, but the money i save in fuel mileage in a year justifies owning an SCT product.
I appreciate the reply, I had a 97 powerstroke with gauges and a programmer and it was a lot of fun to drive. It seemed like I could drive that truck off a cliff and it would still keep going but my new truck is NEW, at least it is for me and I commute about an hour everyday in it. Im just a little worried that this truck will only give me problems with a programmer.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Interesting thread... I want an SCT too, but don't have the bucks. (Or have them and the wife won't let me part with them.) I also have a 4" turbo back MBRP with no cat but a muffler. It sounds great, but I really want to have more whistle, and have wondered if it would really make a difference to take the muffler off. So, you guys are saying I will gain some whistle and not get too much annoying noise?
Old 07-08-2009, 08:08 PM

I run straight piped and love it, I never even thought of running a muffler. I think Mrbp has a muffler delete pipe for 50 bucks so its worth it!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It's alittle off topic but I have an 04' and my uncle has an 05/06. I know turbo's between the years changed with the number of vanes but his seems to have more whistle and loudness (?) than mine. Both have the 4' exhaust straight piped but can tuning make and difference? He runs custom sct tunes and I just have canned spartan tunes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.