4 in downpipe? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 03:22 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4 in downpipe?

can you put a 4 inch downpipe on a 6.0? i was wondering because some of my buddies said you could and then i looked at it and there isn't very much space. i was just wondering because i have a stock 3 inch downpipe going into a 4 inch straightpipe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to JWJR Send a message via Yahoo to JWJR
just got to get it lined up right and it'll fit
Old 07-02-2009, 06:37 PM

yea diamond eye has a real nice 4" dp. i got one that runs to a 5" mbrp system. the dp only cost me like $150
Old 07-03-2009, 04:46 AM

I have been running a Magnaflow 4" downpipe for a few years now. It is tight, but it fits and doesn't rub anything.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:03 PM

alright thanks a lot for the news. but does anyone have a link to a site with a 4 inch dp??
Old 07-07-2009, 07:00 PM

give River city diesel a shout, they sold me a magnaflow 4inch turbo back with a 4in down pipe and I love it! good pricing too.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:47 PM

how did you guys get the 4in down pipe in? me and a buddy did mine today and it was a nightmare. it just wasnt enough room to get the pipe to the turbo , once you got it up it was plenty of room but now half my firewall installation is missing towards the top, hopefully it will be ok. is there anyway to replace the installation or patch the section that is missing?

also we did the cat delete and kept the stright threw muffler and i think it sounds like crap it just hisses at idle unlike all of the videos where they whistle.

Last edited by mx730md; 12-19-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx730md View Post
how did you guys get the 4in down pipe in? me and a buddy did mine today and it was a nightmare. it just wasnt enough room to get the pipe to the turbo , once you got it up it was plenty of room but now half my firewall installation is missing towards the top, hopefully it will be ok. is there anyway to replace the installation or patch the section that is missing?

also we did the cat delete and kept the stright threw muffler and i think it sounds like crap it just hisses at idle unlike all of the videos where they whistle.
Did you bring the DP up from beneath...thats the best way. You should be able to find a suitable insulation material for your bulkhead. Not sure what MY you have...if '03 or prior...then great whistle (its all in the turbo), if '04 and later (VGT turbo), you should hear a distinct hiss from the exhaust tip...but under load you will now hear your turbo for sure....just now as noticable as the '03.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:19 PM

i have a april 04 built truck. yea up from the bottom. it was hitting the up pipe(not the flex section) , the transmission line. bottoming out against the firewall on the bottom and top by the turbo. we didnt get to hear it 2ft of snow droped in the last 24hours. we where going to go and fill it up but no one want to go faster then 15mph... (would have been a hour round trip)

im not sure if i like it i think i might put the cat back on. i which it had the wistle and not the hiss. also the motor is really loud in the cab, i have to tight the clamps down but its really loud on the inside at about 2000rpm at 40mph. i was under the impression that it was quite like stock intill you mass it

also do you know the torque spec for the vclamp? i dont think it was much when taking it off. i proable tighted it to about 10-15ft it looked like it was only a 3/16 bolt so i didnt want to snap it
Old 12-19-2009, 11:49 PM

Awesome... Just did my '06 F250. You can get the Diamond Eye 4" down pipe from Diesel Performance: Discount Truck Accessories & Performance Parts, Buy Chevy, GM, Dodge & Ford Truck Parts, Air Intake Filters & Exhaust Systems, Fuel Tanks, Mounts, Gauges & Injectors Online. It takes some fitting to do it clean, but sounds sick. The clearance is close to the fire wall so I went one step further by wrapping the down tube in header wrap. I also picked up a 4" VBK clamp from V-Band Clamps & Sealing Flanges . Mine runs through a 4"BD exhaust brake then into 5'' and out just in front of the tire. pm me if you have any questions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.