Rear Door Panel Removal - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 10:58 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rear Door Panel Removal

Hello,

I am looking to remove the door panels for the rear doors at the back end of the excursion (not rear passenger doors). I have no idea how to remove those panels and don't even remember the technical name for the doors (maybe barn doors?) but if someone could tell me how to remove those panels I would be greatly appreciative, gotta do some fiberglass work!

Thanks in Advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

they're just held on by friction clips..pull them off carefully...some will stay with the panel and some will stay in the barn door..only place i've found to get replacements was at the dealership, and they were $3+ a piece..

Old 04-15-2009, 07:45 PM

Alright, thanks very much. I plan to recess 2 amps in the barn doors (one for door speakers and the other for subs in the a custom center console which will also be built) when I can find the necessary materials for fiberglass workings. Already have everything planned in my head, biggest problem will be cutting most of that metal away.

Though its a little off topic at this point other plan is to relocate my backup sensor speaker to a more audible location than the rear pillar and then build ceiling mount speaker pods for some 6x9's... gonna be quite a bit of work and quite time consuming but it will be alot of fun. When everything is completed (don't hold your breath) I'll make a new topic somewhere to show some pics of the work I get done. Also gonna do a custom sub box in the back.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackMasterX View Post
Alright, thanks very much. I plan to recess 2 amps in the barn doors (one for door speakers and the other for subs in the a custom center console which will also be built) when I can find the necessary materials for fiberglass workings. Already have everything planned in my head, biggest problem will be cutting most of that metal away.

except for the hinges and locks, the doors are all fiberglass..
Old 04-16-2009, 04:31 AM

Yeah I had heard that before. I am a 25% owner of a biodiesel plant with my brother father and another business partner and I'm like 99% sure he has previous experience with working with fiberglass so I am going to ask him to give me a little help to learn everything (the do's and don'ts) but I read most of what I need to know already. Mostly just need to know where to purchase everything. I love building/creating stuff though so I may not stop at custom stuff for my vehicle or I may continue to make custom replacement parts for the excursion and see who wants some cool modded parts for cheap. Also I may make a new post now elsewhere in the forums or atleast on a new topic to see what people thing I should make for the truck but it will have to be a bit later in the day (if I remember to do so). I'm at work and quite busy today.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_04_x View Post
they're just held on by friction clips..pull them off carefully...some will stay with the panel and some will stay in the barn door..only place i've found to get replacements was at the dealership, and they were $3+ a piece..

Thanks for that pic!! I have been looking for something along those lines for months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.