Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bulletproof vs Factory

6K views 38 replies 9 participants last post by  darkpassenger 
#1 · (Edited)
As I'm looking to Bulletproof my ride I'm thinking which should I get from this site, standard duty Bulletproof or standard duty factory oem. What is better? Also I have a good mechanic he has experience in diesel but it's not his specialty he should be able to install as even regular handy people are supposed to be able to install right?
FYI I use my truck for urban use, road trips and now towing at the moment.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#36 ·
As far as what you can do to give you the best shot at long engine life? Maintain that Ford Gold like you should. I know that I have given you the Ford TSB for coolant maintenance already, so follow that TSB to the letter.
Change your oil every 5K miles. Forget adding miles to the oil changes using bypass filtration. Bypass filtration does not address oil shearing.
Use Factory filters and caps for oil and fuel. Change fuel filter every other oil change.
If you stay on top of your maintenance, you should be fine.

#37 ·
#38 ·
I had an NUC Motorsports system on my truck before I installed the BPD oil cooling system. It is now sitting in my friends garage in a box somewhere. Someday I might even get around to getting it back on the truck.. You can find NUC motorsports on ebay. Before I purchased I made sure that the replacement aluminum oil cap measured to Ford Factory spec. No worries there. They all use the same Amsoil filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.