New to me excursion, few questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 04:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to me excursion, few questions

Hey guys, I finally got around to posting. I purchased a 2004 Excursion EB last wednesday. The truck is in excellent condition with 178k on it. Everything works in the truck and the Oasis report didn't bring anything alarming up, the turbo was replaced in 2005, and a few EBP sensors, but other than that nothing (obviously there was stuff done outside of warranty, but it was 1 owner and very well taken care of).

The ficm on the truck is not the original FICM, where the bolt mounting holes are there are no rubber grommets where it appears there should be, is there any way of looking at the FICM to see if it is aftermarket or if it is a reman? The scan gauge reads 48-48.5 at all times, truck starts quick warm or cold.

My question is, this isn't my first 6.0, but I can't remember how the stock trans shifts on these trucks. My truck shifts very firm and positive, but not too harsh. I have a hard time remembering how my old F250 shifted, but i don't remember it being this nice. Are there things outside of SCT tuning that can be done on these transmissions, like a valve body upgrade or some type of shift kit? The truck doesn't run like it is tuned at all, which is why I ask about the trans.

I have an SCT SF3 left over from my old 6.0 with innovative tunes. I know it will have to be reprogrammed but that is fine. Innovative is about 25 minutes from my house so it is easy for me to get there, but I am also interested in running some of Gearheads tunes as well as the PHP ficm tuning. My question is, can i purchase a pack of tunes from IDP and a pack of tunes from gear head and store them on the SF3, or pick and choose what tunes I want uploaded to the SF3?

It is not that warm here, high 20's right now in the morning and Mid 30's to low 40's in the afternoon. The truck takes forever to get some heat in the motor, and I have a hard time getting it over 150* on a 15-20 mile drive. When it was warmer out I got it to a max of 187.

Right now the scan gauge has read a max of 9* delta, EOT 9* higher than WT, but at the same time i have a hard time really getting the truck to temp. I know diesels take some time to warm up, but this seems extreme, thermostat maybe?

Also, I am getting parts together for the V/B spring swap, I can't wait to get it done as this will be my tow rig for my 28' enclosed car hauler!

Thanks for any help guys!

Anthony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.