My excursion build - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 12:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NorCal510PSD Send a message via Yahoo to NorCal510PSD
My excursion build

So I had a kid, my first, and decided we needed a bigger family-mobile. We used to have a tahoe. Anyways starting with an 04 6.0 Excursion limited, Ill make a short list of the mods I plan on doing myself, and having done. My family and I will use this to tow a 27' toy hauler. Ill try to post pics as stuff happens.

Exterior - 05+ harley headlights, grille, bumper, 08+ mirrors and rear bumper, bumpers and grille painted to match body, randy ellis designs light bar mount, 40" led on the front bumper, at least 1 50" led light bar on the roof

Interior - JVC double din N510HDT, havent decided on speakers, and I probably wont be doing amps, or subs

Wheels and tires - American Force 22x12 burnouts, 325/50r22 Nitto trail graplers

Under the hood - studs, pmm egr delete, oem oil cooler, powermax turbo, 4" MBRP exhaust, Bullet Proof FICM and water pump, AFE inatake, homemade CCV, ATS trans, SCT livewire with innovative tunes

Suspension - heres the fun stuff... 05 axles, custom 4 link up front, king 2.5 coilovers, possibly bypass's, rear gets fabtech springs and 2.5 king resi shocks, front and rear 4.30 gears and a detriot tru-trac in the rear.

Heres a pic with what I picked up! Ill post most as the project gets moving. The front end is already at paint, and some of the lift is being cut and welded as i type.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 01:50 AM
MARSOC > Seals

Congrats on the EX.

Why are you wanting a transmission? Your power level where you will be at, the stock one will be fine. If you want a transmission I would go with someone different than ATS.

Ever thought about a FICM tunes while you are at it?

A few other things you should think about is: ELC, BPD oil cooler, coolant filter & some kind of oil bypass. All of these things will just add to the life of the 6.0L.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to NorCal510PSD Send a message via Yahoo to NorCal510PSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
Congrats on the EX.

Why are you wanting a transmission? Your power level where you will be at, the stock one will be fine. If you want a transmission I would go with someone different than ATS.

Ever thought about a FICM tunes while you are at it?

A few other things you should think about is: ELC, BPD oil cooler, coolant filter & some kind of oil bypass. All of these things will just add to the life of the 6.0L.
Thanks! always wanted an ex could never find what i wanted. trans just because im owed believe it or not. ATS because my truck is sponsored by them. The Ford mechanic who will be doing the engine work talked about FICM tunes, but did'nt elaborate. Ill get more info. Oh i forgot the coolant filter, and he also said OEM oil cooler. Coolant will be ELC because its free. Thanks for your input i really appreciate it.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

congrats on the EX! I have an 04 with the 6.0 and I love it. Been in the dealer a few times for injectors etc, but I just love the truck. Good luck with the build
Old 03-30-2014, 10:12 AM

Congrats on the new family truck... We travel a lot so that's why I went with an ex. I've been happy with the kicker ks speakers. I don't have an amp or subs either, they're very clear. I started with a 4" MBRP kit too, it originally dumped over the rear axle but later I had it piped out all the way to use the SS tip. The factory piece hung down too low but I found a shop that was able to cut and fit to make it tuck up closer to the body. The clearance is crazy tight around the fuel tank and shock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.