05 4x4 EB Ex, all stock, what's it worth? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05 4x4 EB Ex, all stock, what's it worth?

I am looking at a 2005 Eddie Bauer 4x4 and trying to get a value in my head for it. It has an aftermarket head unit dvd player, 2nd row entertainment, 2-tone paint, and 2-tone leather interior in good shape. It has 165,000 miles and is entirely stock. I haven't done an OASIS report or carfax but assuming everything checks out, what's it worth? How much does it take off having to do the required fixes?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to wvrrcarknocker
Really, whatever KBB says for good private party, I would start there. Negotiate as needed, and really depending on how bad you need money. KBB says good condition private party for Eddie Bauer 4x4, DVD, 6.0, two tone paint, 165K miles, $15,579. If I was motivated to sell fast, i'd start at $15,000 and go from there. I might be high, but this is my opinion. Hope it helps.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

banks go with NADA and that's more of a true value of it but its only worth what someone is willing to pay. I bought my 03 eddie bauer 2tone white/gold 4x4 with 128k for $10,500 but I think I got a smoking deal for how immaculate it is inside and out. I'd run carfax and an oasis just to see if its been a problem child. the 05s seem to sell for big bucks online but I'd say 14k ish maybe
Old 02-05-2014, 09:18 PM

I got my 05 ex eddie bauer for 16, 200... had 102xxx on it... completely stock... my opinion is shop around... online prices seem high... and dealers want them off their lots... not too many people looking for excursions... I found an 03 ex eddie bauer with the 7.3 guy wanted 17, 900 it had 163, xxx I thought he was crazy

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-05-2014, 09:21 PM

I haven't had to drop any dough into mine yet but it depends if you can do the work yourself or take it to the shop... safe bet if your taking it to the shop I'd have 5 grand ready to get your truck off the lift... search the threads on here I'm pretty sure there's a thread on what to look for before you purchase...

Old 02-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have been researching what to look for. I just don't know what kind of value to take off if any knowing I will have to spend money to get the engine where it needs to be. I have taken one 7.3l to 500k miles and another to 325k and counting so I know them well. I am not afraid of the 6.0 just nervous about them.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred177 View Post
I have been researching what to look for. I just don't know what kind of value to take off if any knowing I will have to spend money to get the engine where it needs to be. I have taken one 7.3l to 500k miles and another to 325k and counting so I know them well. I am not afraid of the 6.0 just nervous about them.
Price these items... ARP headstuds, oem headgaskets, coolant filter, egr delete or bullet proof diesel EGR, oil cooler, 4 inch turbo back exhaust... these are all common repairs/modifications/upgrades... I could price items out for you but there are so many manufacturers and choices its really up to you... I don't know your financial situation but some guys buy the cheaper products and save money some go ahead and spend more money for piece of mind... ill try and find the thread that has prices and will answer most of your questions

Old 02-08-2014, 07:11 PM

Write Up: Bullet-Proofing the 6.0L PSD.

This is an awesome write up and explain the 6.0 issues and has parts lists and prices
Old 02-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Awesome. Thank you
Old 02-11-2014, 04:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Good info...^^ Shameful that engine needs $8000.00 put to make it correct...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.