Considering 05 Ex..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 07:33 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Considering 05 Ex.....

Greetings........

I've asked this in another forum, but got no response. Can someone please interpret an Oasis report for me? Anything that would make you walk away from this Excursion? The good? The bad? The ugly?

Swmpbgy1
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HP0002.pdf (290.7 KB, 51 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2014, 07:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

For a 2005 dosnt seem to be much on it. If that worries you my 05 report would scare the shorts off you!
I didn't see anything that woulod worry me.
But if you are looking at buying this truck you gotta get a monitor. If you buy this based on the oasis,that would be like buying a TV based on reading the tv guide.
$150 and you can get a scanguage and find out the true story.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
For a 2005 dosnt seem to be much on it. If that worries you my 05 report would scare the shorts off you!
I didn't see anything that woulod worry me.
But if you are looking at buying this truck you gotta get a monitor. If you buy this based on the oasis,that would be like buying a TV based on reading the tv guide.
$150 and you can get a scanguage and find out the true story.
I've been reading quite alot on the 6.0 and understand the need for the monitor on the vehicle during the test drive. One question on the $150 scanguage......If and when I ultimately buy an excursion, if I do the EGR delete on the 6.0, will the scanguage clear the resulting code? Does the code come back and need to be cleared frequently?????

Swmpbgy1
Old 01-31-2014, 08:11 AM

On a 05 you wont have any issue with a code. But Im also not 100% sure the scanguage will clear the code if you did get it. I know the Edge will but that's a bit more pricey at around $400. But a very usefull tool for sure.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
On a 05 you wont have any issue with a code. But Im also not 100% sure the scanguage will clear the code if you did get it. I know the Edge will but that's a bit more pricey at around $400. But a very usefull tool for sure.
Kinn.......

Let me ask you this.....I've read in several threads about a bluetooth device that pairs with an iPad.....costs are relatively low....will this set up be able to determine the stats I need to make a pre-purchase decision? When I do purchase an excursion, upgrade to a scanguage or whatever????

Swmpbgy1
Old 01-31-2014, 09:47 AM

I think your talking about the livewire. Ive never actually seen one in person but from what Ive seen in magazines it looks pretty good.
If you did get the truck then IMO something like the Edge is almost a gotta get. Mine has saved me more money that it cost me. I now have a turbo timer on it so now I just shut the truck off and walk away and it takes care of its self.
I have my last oil change mileage in it so when I get close it will remind me. It tells me when I'm having to much fun and wasting fuel. It will read trouble codes and erase them....its just a very cool tool to have.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmpbgy1 View Post
Kinn.......

Let me ask you this.....I've read in several threads about a bluetooth device that pairs with an iPad.....costs are relatively low....will this set up be able to determine the stats I need to make a pre-purchase decision? When I do purchase an excursion, upgrade to a scanguage or whatever????

Swmpbgy1
You're talking about the dashboss app for iphone, ipad, etc. And yes, it'll show you more then you need to know. I don't know to much about it. Search around, you'll find all the info you need. I think you can hook up to read fuel pressure and egt on it, and the total $ is around 250 for everything I believe.

I use the Torque app with my android. $14 and you're in business. It's only for Android devices though. No egt or fuel pressure capability but everything else.

G'luck.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:31 AM
Premium Member

I have the Dash Boss, used it to buy my current rig, it works real good and easy to take with you on a purchase, after getting the truck i went to a live wire
Old 02-03-2014, 04:20 PM

My 04 6.0 Excursion threw a CEL after the EGR cooler was deleted. I had to get a tuner to disable the EGR system and keep the CEL off. The performance shop where I bought the tuner said that all 6.0 Excursions will throw a CEL regardless of year when the egr system is deleted. Apparently the Excursion was held to the California emission standards since its an SUV and not a pickup.

Be prepared to invest in a tuner if you plan to do a delete.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:09 AM

Thanks all for the replies....The EX that is in the Oasis report at the beginning of this thread has 92000 miles on it......400 miles away from me.....If this !@#$%^& weather would break, I'd like to go see it.

Shopping for monitors now.........

Swmpbgy1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.