Vibration after repair - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-14-2014, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Vibration after repair

Okay, I just helped replace the drivers side hub assembly on my brother-in-laws 04 Excursion. It is 4x4, has front ABS and auto hubs. We replaced all the seals and put in a new U-joint since we had it all apart. The vibration started after he drove it on the highway for about 30 min. It only made the noise/vibration when turning left and in drive. Now it makes the vibration/noise when turning right or left and in drive, not in reverse. Any ideas???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
I would check for anything that got loose and do a re-torque on everything. if that doesnt get it perhaps the other side is now complaining out of neglect?
so you will get someone with more experience on these than I

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, sinister coolant filter(this is the ONLY pos sinister product that will ever be on my truck), riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #3 of 6 Old 03-30-2014, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bump, My 03 excursion has a slight vibration and roar on left curves, it doesn't do it on right hand curves. I thought it may need new wheel bearing assemblies too? Anybody with more experience have anything to add.

2003 EDDIE BAUER EXCURSION 6.0, 123K, ARP studs by stroked out diesel, stroked out diesel egr delete, 6" BDS LIFT W/ FOX 2.0's, 37" NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS ON 17" FUEL REVOLVER MATTE BLACK, LIVEWIRE TS FROM VIVIAN, LOONEY TUNED, S&B CAI, 4" TURBO BACK MBRP CAT DELETE,KENWOOD DD319,4 KICKER KS68' S

to do list:
pray for Auburn's football program (he answered my prayers)WDE!, rear camera, repair the rear dvd player, Raybestos pro brake rotors and pads, new wheel bearing units
post #4 of 6 Old 03-30-2014, 08:45 AM
information regurgitator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBarker View Post
Bump, My 03 excursion has a slight vibration and roar on left curves, it doesn't do it on right hand curves. I thought it may need new wheel bearing assemblies too? Anybody with more experience have anything to add.
Classic symptom of a failing unit wheel bearing.

Please

You could save the life of a sick child
post #5 of 6 Old 03-30-2014, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
THANKS, NYC!!! Not to derail the thread, but do you have any recommendations on an upgrade for the 4x4 auto hubs too. Seems like I've read somewhere that warn assemblies are a little less expensive than the OEM???
post #6 of 6 Old 03-30-2014, 10:31 AM
information regurgitator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
The warn hubs will fit the model years that have leaf springs on the front axle.

Please

You could save the life of a sick child
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode