05 Excursion spring swap project - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05 Excursion spring swap project

I started a thread in the other section but have a few question hopefully you Excursion guys can answer about spring swaps.

This is for my 2005 Excursion 6.0 4x4

My front springs are pretty worn out, I want stronger springs in the rear for towing & to help with the ride/ body roll.

I am running 285/75/16 on stock rims and found out 2 are bent. So I got a great deal on 17" aftermarket rims and figured I might as well lift the Excursion 2"-4" and run a bigger tire since I'm doing everything.

Here is what I have so far for parts( nothing installed yet):

I ordered a pair of used Ford "X" code front leaf springs online for $175 shipped. I found rear F250 springs locally for $75 off a 04. I plan on taking the overload spring off

05 Excursion spring swap project-imageuploadedbyautoguide1381278992.156029.jpg05 Excursion spring swap project-imageuploadedbyautoguide1381279003.013363.jpg

I am wanting to run a 35" tire. I have a few questions

1. What size rear block would I need to run a 35" tire? Would a used stock f350 block be high enough or should I order a 2",3",4" block?

2. For the front what size shackles would I need to clear a 35" tire? 2" or 3"?

3. Anything else I might need?

Thanks a lot!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 07:27 PM

4" block in the back
3" hanger up front
Old 10-09-2013, 03:39 AM

The stock F350 block is almost 4", Cary T from CT performance is the man to talk to .. with the rear springs you swap some leaves around. Look up B code swap. I have similair setup on my 200 excursion and am looking to do the same with my 2005 shortly. Cary recommends a drop track bar bracket and adj track bar. I know my 2000 track bar is off 1/4" so it needs it. Also the shocks should be changed. recommend double shocks in the front, 2 per side. Cary has a special Bilstein with correct valving. You need to get your springs in and send him your needed shock length and he will send the correct shocks.
Thanks
Deo

here's my 2000 with 285/16's and the spring swap

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29...n/SDC10194.jpg
Old 10-09-2013, 04:55 AM

I need to do the same thing. Just got an 05. I am doing some research today. Are used springs generally ok? I would like about 1-2" in the rear. and a few inches in the front to make it more level. I plan to ad 35" tires in stock 20's
Old 10-09-2013, 05:33 AM

Used springs are generally okay. I would verify the spring code by looking at the door tag and pull them off the truck myself. I think with only 1"-2" of lift in the front you may be limited to a 33" tire.

Cary from CT performance sells some very heavy duty brackets and shackles for the front. He helped me out with my 05 EX.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:35 AM

I bought my front springs used of eBay......
Old 10-09-2013, 01:09 PM

I put brand new 550 springs on front $250 ish and 2 inch blocks in rear and am running 33 by 11.50 by 18 with good clearance !! Not sure I could get 35's to fit !! As the spring guy explained to me these things have alot more weight on front springs when brakes r applied hard than even the 450's do !! Gave me about 2 inches of lift !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.