Bought a modified 2005 Ex. Now what? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-23-2013, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bought a modified 2005 Ex. Now what?

Hi Guys,

I haven't been around in a while because I've been Powerstroke-less since I traded in my 1995 F350. I'm back in the PS saddle again with my second Ex. Last one was a 2000. I bought this 2005 because it is a clean southern truck, it has the options I like and it has already had some preventative/performance mods done. It has head-studs, RCD EGR block, RCD oil-cooler, S&B intake, 4" MBRP exhaust, upgraded turbo (unknown specs) and an Edge Insight CS. That seems to be a pretty stout foundation for building more power. The turbo seems just a little laggy down low and will give me some turbo chuff if I let off too quickly while it's making considerable boost. I wonder what has been done to it? I need to do some further investigation.

I first thought the truck had an Evo programmer on it because of the way it pulls and breaks the tires loose, but it turns out it's just the Insight model. I'm not sure if it has had injectors installed, IDM work, or anything else.

Any thoughts on what to do next to the truck? I was thinking about some real gauges and maybe a SCT Livewire?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2050.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	158426  

2005 Excursion 4x4 LTD with ARP Studs, EGR Block, Upgraded Oil Cooler, S&B Intake, Unknown Turbo Mods, 4" MBRP and Edge Insight CS
post #2 of 6 Old 08-26-2013, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Update: looks like the truck has also had some suspension work done to it. The front leaf packs look pretty new as they still have the Ford shipping label on them. The rears look like they have had some leaves added/swapped. It seems to ride better than my 2000 for sure.

2005 Excursion 4x4 LTD with ARP Studs, EGR Block, Upgraded Oil Cooler, S&B Intake, Unknown Turbo Mods, 4" MBRP and Edge Insight CS
post #3 of 6 Old 08-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

its a good looking Ex !!

Jay
post #4 of 6 Old 08-27-2013, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonreinig View Post
its a good looking Ex !!
Thanks Jason!

post #5 of 6 Old 09-05-2013, 03:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
probably has the v&b code suspension swap. Looks nice!

2005 EB Excursion 4x4, Gauges, Scan Gauge II, CCV Vented, Zoodad, EGR deleted, rebuild 6.0L, Studded, BPD HD with Winter setup, BPD 58v FICM, Jesse Warren and Gearhead SCT Tunes, Coolant Bypass Lines, Warren 155/30's, Adrenaline HPOP, Wicked Wheel, Rebuilt VGT, Opened Map Width Groove, Diesel Site Boots, Ported and Deleted Intake Manifold, Regulated Return, Bean's Sump, Aeromotive A1000, 4" Stainless turbo back Magnaflow, Custom Front Bumper, Andy Warren Comp Trans, 09 trans pan and filter
post #6 of 6 Old 09-06-2013, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therabbittree View Post
probably has the v&b code suspension swap. Looks nice!
Kinda what I was thinking. Rides great, so I am happy. Thanks for the compliment.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode