Just picked up my '05 Ex yesterday - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-18-2013, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just picked up my '05 Ex yesterday

Finally found my Ex!!! Picked up an '05 Eddie Bauer with 98,000 miles on it. Can't wait to put my own 100,000 miles on it. Pics to be coming later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Emergency Services

Welcome.

Read the stickies, and get a monitor on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Chris

2006 F250 CCSB Lariat
post #3 of 11 Old 08-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nice man best of luck and welcome

04 harley davidson f-250 arp headstuds oem gaskets,sb intake,edge cts egt probe,sct sf3 idp tuned/ php tuned,blue spring,zerex coolant swap,mbrp 5 inch xdp 6 inch tip,sinister egr cooler,new oem oil cooler,atlas 40 ficm,Painted cac tubes 7.3l wire loom,Diesel site coolant filter
GPDA's other shawn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 Old 08-18-2013, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My brother is letting me use his Edge CT until I can afford the CTS with backup camera. Looks like I need to clean out my EGR cooler and oil cooler or possibly get bulletproof ones after I flush out the coolant. The temps are hovering between 10 and 15 degrees apart when cruising down the highway.
post #5 of 11 Old 08-18-2013, 07:03 PM

That's normally fine u can't really clean the oil cooler def flush the oil coolant filter is def a plus

04 harley davidson f-250 arp headstuds oem gaskets,sb intake,edge cts egt probe,sct sf3 idp tuned/ php tuned,blue spring,zerex coolant swap,mbrp 5 inch xdp 6 inch tip,sinister egr cooler,new oem oil cooler,atlas 40 ficm,Painted cac tubes 7.3l wire loom,Diesel site coolant filter
GPDA's other shawn

post #6 of 11 Old 08-18-2013, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the advice. I was a little nervous buying the 6.0L but after reading a lot of the posts on here and the simple things that can be done to create a long lasting motor I couldn't wait to get my hands on the monster of all SUVs

2005 Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0L
Stock for now but who owns a diesel that doesn't get the itch for more and more power? It's an addiction and I am getting my fix!!
post #7 of 11 Old 08-18-2013, 07:24 PM

They are great trucks kinda like wife's u love them one min then hate them then love them then deal with them then love them lmao

GPDA's other shawn

post #8 of 11 Old 08-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Congrats. I love mine to death! Let me know if I can help with anything.

2005 Excursion-6.0 Powerstroke-Arp Headstuds-EGR Delete-Powermax Turbo-SCT Livewire TS-More to come
post #9 of 11 Old 08-29-2013, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a question with the blue spring update. I tried looking it up on the Ford parts web page and can't find anything on there. Does anybody have a Ford part # to make my life easier? I tried searching for it but all I found were posts about people doing the update but nothing with a part number. Thanks for any help you can give me. 2 weeks strong and loving everything about my Ex, which now has been nicknamed "the bus".

2005 Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0L
Stock for now but who owns a diesel that doesn't get the itch for more and more power? It's an addiction and I am getting my fix!!
post #10 of 11 Old 08-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Installing the blue spring kit in the 6.0

2005 Excursion-6.0 Powerstroke-Arp Headstuds-EGR Delete-Powermax Turbo-SCT Livewire TS-More to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode