deltas - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question deltas

I know this topic has been beat to death but havent really read anyone in my same situation !!! So I have a 6.0 deleted and new ford oil cooler and chemical flush ( before it was changed ) and deltas have never gotten more that 12 deg. apart but today its 82 deg and I went for a drive about 30 miles at 77 mph and 2200 rpms and coolant stayed about 190 but oil got up to 225 right before I got off the interstate! ! I am also running matts srl on her !! Called the guys that did my delete / cooler who do 10- 20 per week and they said what I was running was fine and as long as it didnt go 50 deg different it was ok !!!!! This seams bad to me from what I have learned on here !!! Is this ok !!!?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 04:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Your oil cooler is clogged. You need to fix it now....

If you make it to 50* apart you'll be dropping $4-6k at that shop getting headgaskets, studs, and everything else replaced.

I wouldn't have anyone who tells me a 50* difference is EOT and ECT put air in my tires.

You're headed for trouble.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:19 AM

If a shop told me that it would be my warning as to NEVER let that guy touch my truck. He has no clue. Youve got a clogged/clogging cooler.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:29 PM

It has been only 7 difference for last week so maybe it was a fluke plus oil cooler just replaced 6 months ago by this shop !
Old 05-05-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
If a shop told me that it would be my warning as to NEVER let that guy touch my truck. He has no clue. Youve got a clogged/clogging cooler.
I still stand by my first statement. Ok maybe not the clogged part u might just have a bad sensor (lets hope) but Id never let them touch my truck again.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:28 PM

Mine always runs 186 ECT and 206 EOT at 65-70mph. If I set the cc at 75-80mph they shift to 196 ECT and 215 EOT. No studs, factory oil cooler, ford factory flush last December. Planning on BPD system later this year, but I'm just watching it closely now.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Jaegers View Post
Your oil cooler is clogged. You need to fix it now....

If you make it to 50* apart you'll be dropping $4-6k at that shop getting headgaskets, studs, and everything else replaced.

I wouldn't have anyone who tells me a 50* difference is EOT and ECT put air in my tires.

You're headed for trouble.
So explain to me how a EGR deleted truck with a delta of 50 will cause his head gaskets to fail??? I'm throwing up the BS flag on that one.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Emergency Services

I'm gonna say hold the boat here!! Before you get all worked up about it take another look at the deltas... Half an hour at 77 may not be giving you an accurate reading.

Truck warmed up (ECT 190), level ground at 65 until the temps stabilize. Then see what your delta is.

I don't know what happened to the delta afterwards but if they stayed way off I'd take a look at your temps first thing in the AM. Make sure they are within a degree or two, could be a sensor issue.

Having said that, I'd never go back to that shop either... I don't know what a stock cooler should do at 80* but 225* unloaded seems pretty high to me if your coolant stayed at 190*.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:38 AM

I had been driving around all afternoon so it was up to temp (185 ect and 192 eot) when I goton highway doing 78 mph at 83 deg. When this happened !! Deltas have been 7-8 ever since but haven't been back on Highway since !
Old 05-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
So explain to me how a EGR deleted truck with a delta of 50 will cause his head gaskets to fail??? I'm throwing up the BS flag on that one.
This was yesterday, hauling my mini excavator, about 10k. And yes I know, my oil cooler is clogged. And my head gaskets have been blown for about 8 months now.

I have a full build in the works, all the crap coming out anyways so I'm still running her. LOL

Bottom Left- EOT
Bottom Right - ECT

OP Id say your fine just run it. AHAHAHAHA!
Attached Thumbnails
deltas-photo-9.jpg  

Last edited by sealeveloc; 05-11-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.