So I found this Ex - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So I found this Ex

So I found this Ex but, its nowhere close to where I live. My brother lives close, so I may have him go look at it. Its an 04 EB 4X4 6.0 with 67K.

Anyone have a list of what to look for that I can email him or something like that. I dont know enough about them to tell him myself. All I know is what Ive read on here. Also, he has no idea about anything on these or diesels at all.

Thanks for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I went to the local Ford Dealer and had them run an OASIS on it. Looks like maybe 2 injectors have been replaced, something to do with the keyless entry remote and low power pulling a hill. Also, slow start from a light then it kicks in, maybe a turbo replacement? I dont understand all that the tech wrote. All done at the same dealer. My dealer said to call them and see if they know anything about it for service records and anything else.

Does this sound normal for these trucks? Most of the stuff was early on the mileage. I can post the OASIS report if anyone would like to see it.
Thanks!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Turbo may just need taken apart and cleaned. Vanes tend to coke up if its babied too much.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I called the dealership that did all the warranty work. He looked over the OASIS and said that nothing looks out of the ordinary. Nothing that would make him walk away. The turbo according to him was replaced at 29K. A few reprogramming for FICM, PCM and TCM. Just little stuff he said. Ill look at this one further and I guess have my brother go for a test drive. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yeah have your brother make sure its cold when he goes to look at it. Easier to sniff out injector problems when it's cold.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I told him that. I dont know where he need to look for the puking or whatever though. Ive never been under the hood of a Ford. Maybe I can find some pics of what he needs to look for.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:46 PM

Do you know what a degas bottle is?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-08-2012, 01:47 PM

You need to look for puking on the degas bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Look at the degas bottle under the hood, puking can be seen by white residue around the cap. It should be fairly apparent if it is puking out of the cap. Also the coolant level will be lower if it pukes a lot when hes driving it. It is located under the hood right in front of where the driver sits.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I tried to explain it to him. I just dont think Im going to feel confident in making an offer with me not being able to take a look at it. I sent him all that I want him to do, and he didnt feel comfortable with it, hehe. It is 18 hours drive from where I live as well. The more I think about it, the more I dont think its going to work. There are a few that Im watching on ebay, but that doesnt make it any easier if it isnt close for me to look at it. How would you get all the info that you need on one of these off of ebay? A whole lot of trust in the seller telling the truth. Hell, I dont trust my own brother lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.