The New Ex - what upgrades?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:28 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The New Ex - what upgrades??

It's here!!

2004 Eddie Bauer Limited w/106K miles. No puking....EOT & ECT deltas within 5-10 degrees....FICM at a rock-solid 48V.

What would you upgrade next??

This will be my daily driver, as well as the world's greatest kid-hauler (I have 5). On my list are:
- Immediate flush and change to CAT EL1
- Immediate oil change to Rotella synthetic
- Diesel site's coolant bypass filter
- Amsoil oil bypass filter

Any other recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
When you get tired of how our Ex's rides like a tank and handles like a brick chit house on wheels contact Cary.

email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: Home Introduction only, they want personal contact to insure you get what you need.

Sent from Term3's iPhone
Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If it hasn't already been done delete the EGR quickly. That should be up there with the coolant flush.

After that get yourself a custom tune. It makes all the difference in the world.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congratulations on the new X! You have a good list to start with on initial add-ons/mods. I also started to re-baseline my fluids. I had no clue what was done to mine last so I started there. Fuel filters, air filter, differential fluids. You are already ahead of the curve. If you can, definately delete the EGR!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Emergency Services

i agree u have a good base line...wait till u cut that filter open lol i cant wait to do mine..love rotella t6 ...
Old 12-03-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wed Turner View Post
If it hasn't already been done delete the EGR quickly. That should be up there with the coolant flush.

After that get yourself a custom tune. It makes all the difference in the world.
Hasn't been done. At some point I'll have to address EGR and OC, but for now temps for both are <= 190 with deltas of 6-7 degrees, so for now I'm OK.

Eventually I'd like to push this far to see how much mileage I can wring out of it. I may look into custom tunes for that. My goal is 30MPG highway and > 20MPG around town. At those levels I could make it to my inlaw's house south of Glacier Nat'l Park on a single tank!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathrm View Post
Congratulations on the new X! You have a good list to start with on initial add-ons/mods. I also started to re-baseline my fluids. I had no clue what was done to mine last so I started there. Fuel filters, air filter, differential fluids. You are already ahead of the curve. If you can, definately delete the EGR!
Did you go with the full coolant flush, including the Restore to clean out the OC? I'm hesitant to do that since most folks on here have said unless you're working with a new OC all that will do will clog it faster.

Eyeing the DS coolant re-route and Amsoil bypass filter as well. Don't know what the fuel pressure is, but feels a bit sluggish so I may get a new blue spring update. Also noticed the hot side boot on CAI is caked w/oil, so a CCV mod and new CAI boots are in the works too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.