looking at a 1 owner 2004 6.0l EB 4x4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 10:55 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help please Im looking at 2 Excursions --

Option 1 2004 4x4 6.0L Diesel EB all stock one owner 139k miles asking 16900 but will take 15k plus tax and license there are no service records but carfax is clean.

Option 2 2005 4x4 5.4L V8 Gas Grey, lifted, one owner. inspected by ford and looks good with all service records. 109k miles procomp 6" new tires and wheels , 12800 private party.

Searched for information on the 5.4l and cant find anything negative other than power. I dont tow but will probably get a small 14 footer to take my harley to florida and stuff. mainly just to get the teenagers and the dogs somewhere in one car instead of 2

thoughts? suggestions? will the gas motor last a few 100 k miles? i am very good about servicing my vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails
looking at a 1 owner 2004 6.0l EB 4x4-excursion.jpg   looking at a 1 owner 2004 6.0l EB 4x4-excursopn-6.0.jpg  

Last edited by cjackermann; 11-07-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: addd pictures
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Go for the 6.0!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
Old 11-19-2012, 01:00 PM

On the 6.0: Check the ECT and EOT delta - should be 15 degrees or less. Check the voltage on the FICM (even if it's been replaced) - should be 48V. Also check for blow by and degas bottle puking (white stuff on the degas or around the degas).

Edge Insight CS/CTS - your best friend!

On the 5.4: have you driven it? Having driven on (vs. 6.8 gas and 6.0 diesel) I found it to be very under powered, even for daily use. With the lift power/mileage will be reduced further due to increased wind resistance.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:23 PM

Don't get a gas excursion! People I know have them and get crappy MPGs and no power. They wished they went to a diesel motor. These things are heavy. Plus a lifted gas one with be worst. I have the 6.0 and get 18 MPGs highway stock
Old 11-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I bought a brand new ram 2500 Powerwagon in January of this year. I will never own another gas truck. By the time I got done lifting it and putting wheels/tires I was getting 8mpg. It's diesel or nothing for me from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-19-2012, 01:37 PM

Lift and tires kill MPGs.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 AM

well I went with the 6.0 TD and got about 3k off it as it needed ball joints and steering box. Thats costing me 2k. the motor is strong and the interior is flawless. Now to start picking the lift and rims and tires for my Street Queen. This thing will not see the dirt so I need to get a nice 4-6" lift that still rides good..

I dont even know if that exists!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.