Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

The time is now, hacking the X up.

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  PunchyOButters 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#3 ·
Any recommendations for that?

#5 ·
The '05 Ex does not have the STC issue on the HPOP as the motor is an '04 carryover.

#7 ·
That's not true 100% of the time. My 05 has a yellow 2005 sticker on the right valve cover and has had the STC fitting update.

The Ford kit that includes the metal duct and the boots is 6c3z-6c640-aa, if you aren't worried about OEM boots.

#8 · (Edited)
Ya I just replaced the STC fitting, it had the quick disconnect baddie on there. My excursion was made in the last week of production. Sept 2005.

#9 ·
I got worried

I was worried for a second, I just had a BPD EGR cooler and updated oil cooler put in and the shop told me that I had the old STC fitting and that they replaced it. After reading this thread I thought I had got ripped off and lied to but it sounds like some '05 Exs have the bad STCs on them? If not then I am wondering what else they said they did and in fact did not do......:dunno:

#12 ·
I was worried for a second, I just had a BPD EGR cooler and updated oil cooler put in and the shop told me that I had the old STC fitting and that they replaced it. After reading this thread I thought I had got ripped off and lied to but it sounds like some '05 Exs have the bad STCs on them? If not then I am wondering what else they said they did and in fact did not do......:dunno:
I can tell you that my X rolled off assembly the last week of Sept 2005 and production of them ended that month. So if I had the old STC it is most likely a good portion of the 2005s had them.

I know how you feel though, you can't trust 99% of the shops out there.

#11 ·
another thing to consider, put a coolant filtration system in just to be on the safe side with a new oil cooler! :thumb: also, should of replaced the icp valve(dunno bout the 05) but i know i wished i had when i did mine:doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.