Front end upgrade - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 03:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Front end upgrade

This seems like something I should have been able to find already here, unless I missed it.

I have some questions about updating the front end of my 05 Excursion. I've seen pictures of them with the 08, 11, and 12 superduty front ends. Is there anyone who could answer some questions or point me in the right direction?

First, and most doubtful.. is this by chance a direct bolt on swap?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Most front end upgrades are from 04 and down to yours, the 05-07. There have been a number of 08-10 and 11+ upgrades done, but your doubt is well founded: it's no where near a direct swap. New hood, wiper cowl, bumper, fenders, and idk what else.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 AM

Well, I know there are a lot of pieces involved for the full conversion. What I mean when I say 'bolt on swap' I am asking how much, if any, welding and cutting is involved.

Searching for images of 'excursion front end conversion' on the web brings me beautiful looking Excursions with 08, 11, and even 12 superduty front ends.

Here is an example:

Old 03-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

from my understand the only real cutting would be the frame section because the bumper sits lower, but all sheetmetal should be the same as the front end conversion for the super dutys as well. anyone care to correct me? i have an 03 excursion and i plan on doing this swap, there is a build on this forum for the f250 which all sheet metal is the same for the excursion
Old 03-03-2012, 01:52 PM

There are a few good threads on the boards here that will give you some ideas of what is involved. This one is a good one: F350 08 front clip conversion has begun!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:21 PM

Excellent link! Thank you!

I only got to page five or so, so far, but I am heading out for the evening. I got it bookmarked, so I'll read through it a bit more thoroughly later.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:53 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The easiest way to do the conversion is to buy a front clip, remove the core support/radiator support and weld the new one on. There is a guy in the OBS section that took his cab and body off put on 99+ superduty, then did the 2011 front conversion the easy and right way. You can do the 08-12 front end buy just buying sheet metal, that is how I did mine, but I tell you in the future if I do another ,unless a member wants to pay me and do it only with sheet metal swap, I will be doing it with full front clip as a donor truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.