2004 - 05 , 6.0 Reality? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2004 - 05 , 6.0 Reality?

I am currently looking at 2004 - 2005 6.0L diesel Excursions.

I need straight forward information regarding warranty issues, etc.

I asked a "Ford Man" I know who has a 2001 diesel w/130,000mi., he loves it would have nothing else - He tells me he would not buy a 6.0L Excursion due to warranty issues, concerns with corners cut on engine components?

I am a long time GM guy (come on guys, everyone has faults), even owned a 2500HD Dura...

The Excursion was the last "family Hauler", that can actually Haul.

Want one but do not want $45g into something that will not make it past 100k mi.

Any info - experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2007, 06:07 PM

Dont buy into the "dont buy a 6.0" hype, 92% have zero probs (actual figure from ford tech) do your homework and you wont be disapointed.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Strokin' In Dixie-Land

With the statement of 92% with no problems, if you get one of the 'good' ones, man you will really like it a lot! Somebody will have to enlighten me on the 'cutting corners' issue.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:18 PM
im fat and ugly

the later model 05-06 they had the least woes.

when looking at a used rig try and get an oaisis report run, this will show all work done at the ford house and give you some insite to its potential

i personally have an 04 ex that i bought with 9k on it i have put 30k very hard miles on it racing and what not and i have yet to have any issues
Old 08-21-2007, 08:13 PM

[QUOTE=Big Tone;232212]Dont buy into the "dont buy a 6.0" hype, 92% have zero probs (actual figure from ford tech) do your homework and you wont be disapointed.[/QUOTE

I just bought a 03 6.0 with a 134K two weeks ago and love it. Hauls balls and cant wait to mod it.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stump0331 View Post
the later model 05-06 they had the least woes.

when looking at a used rig try and get an oaisis report run, this will show all work done at the ford house and give you some insite to its potential

i personally have an 04 ex that i bought with 9k on it i have put 30k very hard miles on it racing and what not and i have yet to have any issues
So if ford has done work to it already does that mean its good or is it the other way around?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
I drive a buyback that I have zero issues with. Looking at the oasis it is mostly small stuff. Kinda looks like the dealer got sick of dealing with the guy. My Mom drives an '03 6.0 and the only problem she has had is an EGR. So I guess what I am saying is 2 trucks both dependable. Just my
Old 08-21-2007, 09:00 PM
im fat and ugly

somewhat depends on the report. most reports will have some work done but its usually minor.

you have to look at the the work done, and repairs made. a clean report is nice to see tghough
Old 08-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Any ladies here please excuse me. A truck is like a fine woman. There are good ones and there are bad ones. One guy will tell you that his ex was nothing but trouble. The next guy that gets her never has a moments of heartache with because of how he treats her. A truck is just the same way. I have had a 2003 6.0 from new in Sept. 2003, no warranty work, no problems, and WILL NOT give her up.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

New guy here, also looking for an excursion this fall. I hear a lot about these "oasis reports". What exactly are they? Do they use the VIN to create the report? Having said that, if I'm buying a truck thats far from me, can I just ask for an oasis report to clear up lots of the unknown (I'd be buying something with around 100k miles, nothing too worn out).

Also, are these reports available online? How much do they cost?

Thanks guys!

p.s. I know I ask lots of questions, but this is my first diesel and I'll be using it for at least 3-4 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.