Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Saggy Butt

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  CT Performance, Inc. 
#1 ·
The previous owner of my Ex towed plenty. The rear springs are sagging making the rear height about 2 or 3" lower than the front. Enough to piss off other drivers, thinking my highbeams are on. I already have a Fabtech leveling kit on there. My question is, should I just replace the rear springs and insert some blocks, or go with the suggestion from the 4wheel parts guy and install some air bags....link below for the ones suggested. Will this fix my problem, or will I have to replace my springs anyway? I don't tow now, but of course there is always a plan to. It kinda rides like crap now and I'm planning on replacing the shocks with Bilsteins 5100's. I don't suggest the Rubicons to anyone.

Air Lift Part 57340 - LoadLifter 5000 Rear; Leaf Spring Leveling Kit

#2 ·
If the springs are sagging that much, and some of that is the leveling kit, I would go find a new set of springs and the blocks out of an F350. The airbags would aid in ride quality whether you replace the springs or not, but it appears the springs are worn out and do for replacement.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply colo. Thats what I was thinking and afraid of. You guys have a suggestion or a site that has a good deal? Paying 250 a piece for springs from 4wheel isn't exactly ideal. I know I can rob a 350 for some blocks pretty cheap, so I am glad about that. Would I use the blocks to replace the existing or add-on?

#4 ·
Don't stack the blocks, just use a set of F350's to replace them. With the number of folks that lift these trucks, I'd search Ebay/CL and see if you can find a set that will work for you that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.